• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels select Andrew Wantz, option Griffin Canning, DFA Scott Schebler

22 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Not necessarily.....they don’t need a starter, Wantz will be in the pen, available immediately.....

Yeah, I see they have announced probable pitchers through Wednesday (Heaney) and have Thursday off.

Wantz had his last start at SLC on Monday, 6/28. 

He has out pitched Barria in SLC so it will be interesting to see what they do with Canning's swing spot.

I have a feeling they put Wantz in the rotation now and Barria's time comes when they yank Heaney.

So Bundy, Canning and Heaney are replaced by Suarez, Wantz and Barria.

36 minutes ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

If he were they would have brought him up instead of Wantz.

His last start in SLC was on Monday 6/28.

Canning spot in the rotation is five days from now.  So why would they need to bring Barria up until Canning spot in the rotation comes up.  That way they have an extra reliever. 

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Wow. They definitely aren't fucking around. Guess they think they can compete.

I agree with sending Canning down. He's been bad most of the year and the peripherals aren't indicative of bad luck.

Needs to learn to not love the gopher balls so much.

18 minutes ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

Yeah, I see they have announced probable pitchers through Wednesday (Heaney) and have Thursday off.

He has out pitched Barria in SLC so it will be interesting to see what they do with Canning's swing spot.

I have a feeling they put Wantz in the rotation now and Barria's time comes when they yank Heaney.

Second best starter in two of three season.  So let him ge the third fourth minor leaguer to get a chance to start.

Fucking incredible!

2 minutes ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

I like Barria and I know you are president of his fan club...

I am just amazed on how they fuck over the kid.  I do not know what more the kid needs to do to be given the confidence of a permanent spot in the rotation.

I guess I became a president of his fan club out of default.

16 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I wish I could do photo-editing, because then I'd caption this with "Yet another Angels minor league pitcher faces major league hitting."

image.png

Jack Johnson vs James Jeffries  7-4-1910

Good pull

Jack went through some real racist stuff

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2020/jul/03/game-changer-when-jack-johnson-defeated-james-jeff/

14 hours ago, stormngt said:

Canning spot in the rotation is five days from now.  So why would they need to bring Barria up until Canning spot in the rotation comes up.  That way they have an extra reliever. 

they're gonna skip it probably and then reset the rotation after the ASB.  Personally, I hope they save Ohtani's first start after the break for one of the two games in Oakland.  

They don't need a 6th starter until a stretch of games starting on July 22nd.  Where they play 18 games in a row through Aug 8th.  

Off on the 9th, but a double header on the 10th at Anaheim to make up a toronto game where the Jays are the home team for the first game.  

From Aug 10th through the 22nd, they 14 games in 13 days.  They would have had a day off but they make up the yankees game on Aug 16th which kicks off a 10 game road trip.  

19 hours ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

Barria has outpitched Canning and Heaney on the major league level.  That hasn't helped him any.

6 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Her name was Lola, she was a show girl.

My line was from Damn Yankees, which was a successful play and movie. I would be surprised if you didn’t know that.