• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin.com Texas Trip (August 1st - 4th)

Chuck

GIF by Saturday Night Live

Hi guys, I'll be down in Texas the first week of August for a pool birthday party (on Aug 1st) with some friends from here, our weekly virtual happy hours and those from here and friends/family living in Texas. We're going to have smoked brisket and either ribs or pulled pork, a keg of beer and booze. This will be at my step dad's house in Justin, TX. @Crampknees has been there several times. 

We'll also be taking in an Angels vs. Rangers game for that Aug 2nd-4th series (on Aug 2nd specifically). Can't wait to see that ballpark and hell, Mike Trout should be back by then. 

In addition to that we'll attending the Frisco Roughriders (Double-A) game on August 3rd and visiting with our old friend, Victor Rojas. Getting a beer afterwards as well. 

As far as the Frisco Roughriders game, I'm thinking of getting us access to the Lazy River so we can soak in the pool and have drinks/beer served to us. Here's more on that: https://www.milb.com/frisco/tickets/lazyriver

If you're interested in attending any of these three events while in Texas, let me know here or via a PM. 

11 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

August in Texas?

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

New park is supposed to be different now, we will see.  We were just there but 60's out in the evening.  I do remember the old park they had Red Hook drafts so I would order two and a bottled water then slam the two red hooks and go back to the seat.  A draft would not last from the concession stand to your seat. 

7 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

New park is supposed to be different now, we will see.  We were just there but 60's out in the evening.  I do remember the old park they had Red Hook drafts so I would order two and a bottled water then slam the two red hooks and go back to the seat.  A draft would not last from the concession stand to your seat. 

We have a Red Hook in NH. Only learned recently that they're based in Seattle.

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Remember @HaloCory22? He moved to Texas and he's showing up to the party at my pops and to the Angels and Roughriders game. 

I can't wait to have a cold beer with Victor Rojas after floating in the river during a baseball game. 

OK, sorry dude, that is a pee pond at best.  I'll get a cocktail and watch from the side. 

11 minutes ago, Blarg said:

In August.

Day 1. Pool

Day 2. Air Conditioned Rangers - Angels Game. 

Day 3. Lazy River. 

Problem solved! 

@Blarg I live in Washington, we don't get the high temps and warm weather. I miss it, which is why I travel to Florida and Texas quite a bit throughout the year. 

12 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Day 1. Pool

Day 2. Air Conditioned Rangers - Angels Game. 

Day 3. Lazy River. 

Problem solved! 

@Blarg I live in Washington, we don't get the high temps and warm weather. I miss it, which is why I travel to Florida and Texas quite a bit throughout the year. 

They got warm weather is SoCal. How bout vacationing there with the Angels?

• 2 months later...
On 5/22/2021 at 10:26 AM, Puget Sound Angel said:

They got warm weather is SoCal. How bout vacationing there with the Angels?

Already made my So. Cal trip this year. The only way I'm back down is if miraculously the Angels make the playoffs. 

So we're locked in. @HaloCory22, @Crampknees, @John Taylor, @Angel Oracle, @CaliforniaYankee and a couple locals friends, Angels fans and family attending three events over a course of three days.

• Aug 1st: BBQ/Pool party at my pops on my birthday.
  • Aug 2nd: Angels vs. Rangers game. Pregame at Texas Live which also includes @Adam & his family who's in town for the game visiting friends.
  • Aug 3rd: Frisco Roughriders game in the Lazy River all to ourselves for two hours prior to the game, then a meet and greet with @VictorRojas, then premium seats with our own all you can eat/drink concession for the game. Victor hooked us up! 

84e647bd04abae2dedf7754845b04984.jpeg

I'm super stoked! 

I have an extra ticket at $50 for any Texas locals that want to join us on Aug 3rd. 

$50 gets you: Access to the Lazy River for two hours from 3:30-5:30pm prior to gates being open. We don't have to share others pee in the river pool, just our own! (you better not pee in there). Gets you a meet and greet & Q&A with Victor Rojas. Then good premium seats to a Double-A baseball game with free all you can eat/drink concessions. 

PM me if you're interested. Offer ends by game time today as I have a couple locals that are interested, but they're already joining our other events and I would love to meet someone new from here.