• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Walsh

The re-signing of Pujols to any kind of deal would be slightly fun on AW, but I don't actually want the Angels to do it. 

I would prefer the theatrics if Albert signs a one-year deal with St. Louis and hits .290 with 35 homers, then talks about how he was inspired in his farewell season by the Best Fans in the World. 

4 minutes ago, Justin said:

The re-signing of Pujols to any kind of deal would be slightly fun on AW, but I don't actually want the Angels to do it. 

I would prefer the theatrics if Albert signs a one-year deal with St. Louis and hits .290 with 35 homers, then talks about how he was inspired in his farewell season by the Best Fans in the World. 

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

As others have said, Walsh is the Angels starting first baseman for at least the next few years. I think Adell might be envisioned as Upton's replacement, with Marsh next in line for RF. Then the Angels will have to pick two of Adell, Marsh and Adams to keep long-term, with one used as trade bait. They can probably get buy with a platoon rotation with those three and Trout through 2022, maybe even 2023, but by then Adams will need a full-time gig, either here or elsewhere.

By 2023, the lineup should look something like:

RF Marsh

CF Trout

3B Rendon

DH Ohtani

1B Walsh

LF Adell/Adams

C Stassi/Other

2B Fletcher

SS Rengifo/Jackson/Paris

1 hour ago, Justin said:

Whereas I see the humor here, I just dont see the realism.

Now, if you had said Oakland.... in a scenario where they paid him 750K, and we all laughed, and he did that.... IIIIIIIII wouldnt be surprised at all

12 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Whereas I see the humor here, I just dont see the realism.

Now, if you had said Oakland.... in a scenario where they paid him 750K, and we all laughed, and he did that.... IIIIIIIII wouldnt be surprised at all

One of my my favorite aspects of Pujols disappointing time in Anaheim - actually, WTF am I talking about, the ONLY enjoyable aspect - has been telling my friends who like NL teams (95% of whom are Dodgers fans) "The NL is AAAA. Pujols was one of the all-time greats in the NL; when he came to the AL he was barely above average."

If he went to an AL team and did that, I would cry. If he went to Oakland and did that, I would stop watching baseball all together.

It is really too bad that we never got to see peak Pujols, because he was a truly great player. That is kind of lost with the last decade of mediocrity. He was as good a hitter as Trout. Compare their eight best seasons by wRC+ (not including 2020-21):

Trout in bold: 

188, 184, 184, 180, 180, 178, 176, 174, 171, 171, 170, 167, 167, 167, 164, 159.

I think Trout has a good chance of adding one or two above Albert's best, which will eventually give him a slight edge.

Albert will still end his career with the second highest JAWS among first basemen (WAR + best seven year WAR / 2), only behind Gehrig and ahead of Foxx and the great 1B of the Roid Era (Bagwell, Thomas, Thome, McGwire).

21 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

It is really too bad that we never got to see peak Pujols, because he was a truly great player. That is kind of lost with the last decade of mediocrity. He was as good a hitter as Trout. Compare their eight best seasons by wRC+ (not including 2020-21):

Trout in bold: 

188, 184, 184, 180, 180, 178, 176, 174, 171, 171, 170, 167, 167, 167, 164, 159.

I think Trout has a good chance of adding one or two above Albert's best, which will eventually give him a slight edge.

Albert will still end his career with the second highest JAWS among first basemen (WAR + best seven year WAR / 2), only behind Gehrig and ahead of Foxx and the great 1B of the Roid Era (Bagwell, Thomas, Thome, McGwire).

Agreed. Was talking about this the other day

HUGE disappointment as an Angel. But as a ballplayer, for a decade, he was a god. 

Would have been great to see it here, but his St Lou years shouldnt ever be forgotten

Even though hes so old now he may have himself

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Agreed. Was talking about this the other day

HUGE disappointment as an Angel. But as a ballplayer, for a decade, he was a god. 

Would have been great to see it here, but his St Lou years shouldnt ever be forgotten

Even though hes so old now he may have himself

Don't judge. Wait until you get into your late 40s. I'm just glad I don't need "help" with certain functions.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

I don't think people hate Pujols as much as they hate the return on the investment the Halos got in regards to him. 

Yeah if Pujols was only making a couple of million this year it would have been an absolute steal.