• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

U-Verse

I have time warner right now. Thinking about switching to directv or U-verse. are they still blacking out angel games? 

They're (ATT) are offering me gift cards and a xbox360 (im a playstation guy) to switch over but im still thinking about it. 

after all this time i still don't understand mlb's blackout policy. i have uverse here in austin and i get ranger games on fox sports southwest. do angel games air on a similar channel?

FS West but I've heard Att u verse blackout a few angel games a yr like around 30? heard something like that. 

Same with Dish.  They are supposed to black out games, but have yet to so far.  

I think they moved a few games to 13 due to the hockey and basketball playoffs.  And the ESPN and Fox games are a few others.  I'm still expecting a few to get blacked out.  

The big question I'm wondering is, what happens when Fox 1 launches.  I'm sure they are going to bundle everything with it.  Are they going to move say Nastycar and the Fox baseball games off of Fox and onto Fox 1 similar to how MNF moved to ESPN?  And are they going to charge a boatload because of it?  

Because I can see the Fox channels being moved to a premium tier if that is the case.

Same with Dish.  They are supposed to black out games, but have yet to so far.  

I think they moved a few games to 13 due to the hockey and basketball playoffs.  And the ESPN and Fox games are a few others.  I'm still expecting a few to get blacked out.  

The big question I'm wondering is, what happens when Fox 1 launches.  I'm sure they are going to bundle everything with it.  Are they going to move say Nastycar and the Fox baseball games off of Fox and onto Fox 1 similar to how MNF moved to ESPN?  And are they going to charge a boatload because of it?  

Because I can see the Fox channels being moved to a premium tier if that is the case.

Where have you read that AT&T and Dish are supposed to black out games this year?

Fox Sports 1 is simply a rebranding of SPEED CHANNEL, so the carriage agreements are already in place, at least until the SPEED contracts expire The bulk of live game content for FS1, in addition to the NASCAR stuff that is carrying over from SPEED, will be college football which is moving from FX to FS1, European soccer that is moving from FOX Soccer Channel to FS1 (Fox Soccer channel is going away.), and a new package of college basketball. It will also have some UFC. FS1 will have some MLB next season, but ESPN will still have the bulk of regular season baseball, and FOX will still have the world series and most of the MLB postseason. I don't think FOX will be able to 'charge a boatload' for FS1 unless they attract high profile events like the world series, NBA Finals or a weeknight NFL package. I don't think FS1 is going to make your bill go up any more than the standard increases that seem to happen every year.  I don't see Fox Sports 1 moving to a premium tier before ESPN does. ESPN charges like $6 a sub, while ESPN2 is like $0.75. I think FS1 is closer to ESPN2 than ESPN.

I have TWC, and was looking forward to U-Verse as TWC sucks.  Directv has failed to be an option, as they can't hold signal in hard rain, snow fall etc.

I have a buddy with U-verse, his tech lowered his rates just for asking, but told him that you should change out every two years U-Verse and DirecTV or cable...to get lowest rates and newest equipment.

I have TWC, and was looking forward to U-Verse as TWC sucks.  Directv has failed to be an option, as they can't hold signal in hard rain, snow fall etc.

I have a buddy with U-verse, his tech lowered his rates just for asking, but told him that you should change out every two years U-Verse and DirecTV or cable...to get lowest rates and newest equipment.

I have had DirecTV for nearly 10 years and aside from a minute here and there the signal has never gone out for us.  Only in the heaviest rain and like I said it would be less than a minute that it cuts out... for the entire storm.