• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Struggling to get into a Baseball mood this season

@John Taylor, I understand where you're coming from, we've all been there whether it's prior to the season, mid-season or toward the end of the season where I've been guilty of the same disinterest in recent years as the team fell out of the playoff race and there wasn't any impact prospects to make a debut in Sept when the rosters expand. 

One thing that I think took the wind out of your sail prior to spring training was missing on Trevor Bauer and not bringing in a big name via free agency or a trade. This nearly happened last season when we missed on Gerrit Gole (thank God after seeing his contract), but optimism was quickly restored when we promptly signed Anthony Rendon, the best free agent position player on the market, just coming fresh off a World Series Championship. 

Anyhow, there's a ton of good storylines this spring that fuel not just optimism but excitement. If I could offer any advice I would say not to get too hyped up about the offseason's acquisitions to the point where it will dictate your excitement temp heading into a given season. Also, in baseball and every other professional sport there's always going to be changes that can be hard to embrace at first. That said, sometimes change can bring initial disappointment but better results. Victor was the best and will go down as one of the best Angels broadcasters in the org's history...but holy hell we're getting a hell of a replacement in Vasgersian and Sutton is pretty awesome himself. Like Victor Rojas, Sutton's a self proclaimed Angels fan from the days of his youth. That's pretty awesome! 

Now... Let's get to tweeting! 😉 

16 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Did Shohei change your mind at all, @John Taylor?

p.s. I loved your work with Duran Duran.

p.p.s. I'm sure you've never heard that before.

I preferred lining up on the other side of Jerry Rice and having Joe Montana and/or Steve Young hit me deep in the end zone. 🤣 

15 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

@John Taylor, I understand where you're coming from, we've all been there whether it's prior to the season, mid-season or toward the end of the season where I've been guilty of the same disinterest in recent years as the team fell out of the playoff race and there wasn't any impact prospects to make a debut in Sept when the rosters expand. 

One thing that I think took the wind out of your sail prior to spring training was missing on Trevor Bauer and not bringing in a big name via free agency or a trade. This nearly happened last season when we missed on Gerrit Gole (thank God after seeing his contract), but optimism was quickly restored when we promptly signed Anthony Rendon, the best free agent position player on the market, just coming fresh off a World Series Championship. 

Anyhow, there's a ton of good storylines this spring that fuel not just optimism but excitement. If I could offer any advice I would say not to get too hyped up about the offseason's acquisitions to the point where it will dictate your excitement temp heading into a given season. Also, in baseball and every other professional sport there's always going to be changes that can be hard to embrace at first. That said, sometimes change can bring initial disappointment but better results. Victor was the best and will go down as one of the best Angels broadcasters in the org's history...but holy hell we're getting a hell of a replacement in Vasgersian and Sutton is pretty awesome himself. Like Victor Rojas, Sutton's a self proclaimed Angels fan from the days of his youth. That's pretty awesome! 

Now... Let's get to tweeting! 😉 

I also think as a creature of habit, last season was all kinds of messed up for me, not because the Angels missed the playoffs I'm used to that by now, but I hated the shortened season, and to me baseball is the best representation of people coming together for a fun time, and the empty stadiums and all the covid BS just depressed me. I'm excited to see fans back at stadiums this season and hopefully we'll be back at full capacity soon.

I did enjoy the Angels/Padres game listening to the SD broadcast, and watching Angels/Cubs right now listening to Terry Smith.

10 minutes ago, John Taylor said:

I also think as a creature of habit, last season was all kinds of messed up for me, not because the Angels missed the playoffs I'm used to that by now, but I hated the shortened season, and to me baseball is the best representation of people coming together for a fun time, and the empty stadiums and all the covid BS just depressed me. I'm excited to see fans back at stadiums this season and hopefully we'll be back at full capacity soon.

I did enjoy the Angels/Padres game listening to the SD broadcast, and watching Angels/Cubs right now listening to Terry Smith.

In addition to Ohtani looking great on the mound and newcomers Quintana and Cobb looking great this spring (with added velo), the Angels have the chance of being a fun team to watch on offense this season. Let's not forget Walsh and a better hitting SS and legit backup hitting catcher (Suzuki)...

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

In addition to Ohtani looking great on the mound and newcomers Quintana and Cobb looking great this spring (with added velo), the Angels have the chance of being a fun team to watch on offense this season. Let's not forget Walsh and a better hitting SS and legit backup hitting catcher (Suzuki)...

Yeah I'm really excited about this lineup and hope Walsh continues to hit well, and I think our Pitching Staff will improve as well, imagine if we get an entire season of 2018 Ohtani on the mound. This really could be a playoff team if everything comes together.

22 minutes ago, John Taylor said:

Yeah I'm really excited about this lineup and hope Walsh continues to hit well, and I think our Pitching Staff will improve as well, imagine if we get an entire season of 2018 Ohtani on the mound. This really could be a playoff team if everything comes together.

@John Taylor the Angels are working extra hard today in an attempt at changing your mood for the better toward them. 

Mike Tyson Smile GIF