• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels announce Dylan Bundy opening day starter

mmc

3 hours ago, ukyah said:

two things.

firstly, i was just poking the hive.

secondly, i'm more than familiar with the narrowing field stradling traps. pass.

bundy is clearly the best choice on the angels roster. we all had hoped that he would be the second best choice for opening day, including you. cool your jets, iceman.

Bundy has earned it - agree with the above - except for the Iceman semi-dig -- that's OK if Iceman feels that way,  I agree with Billy Ball that we were expecting more with respect to the rotation this year -- but as Chuck points out - we now have a legitimate closer - something that's been missing for quite some time -- some might even go back to K-Rod but we've had a few since then that did OK. Including Frieri who was a two year wonder before he fizzled out.  This year's rotation IMO -- reflects the Halos' front office realization of today's MLB economics and staring rotations,.  Unless you're going to break the bank, put a huge imbalance on your payroll re paying for certain positions (i.e. the rotations or for us - CF - but he's the best player in the game) you're left getting the best one year contracts you can negotiate to eat some quality starting pitching innings , beef up your pen depth and have a closer.  a Bauer like signing (with what should be an illegal option contract or at least unfair from averaging the annual total for luxury tax purposes) just wasn't in the cards.  

1 minute ago, disarcina said:

Bundy has earned it - agree with the above - except for the Iceman semi-dig -- that's OK if Iceman feels that way,  I agree with Billy Ball that we were expecting more with respect to the rotation this year -- but as Chuck points out - we now have a legitimate closer - something that's been missing for quite some time -- some might even go back to K-Rod but we've had a few since then that did OK. Including Frieri who was a two year wonder before he fizzled out.  This year's rotation IMO -- reflects the Halos' front office realization of today's MLB economics and staring rotations,.  Unless you're going to break the bank, put a huge imbalance on your payroll re paying for certain positions (i.e. the rotations or for us - CF - but he's the best player in the game) you're left getting the best one year contracts you can negotiate to eat some quality starting pitching innings , beef up your pen depth and have a closer.  a Bauer like signing (with what should be an illegal option contract or at least unfair from averaging the annual total for luxury tax purposes) just wasn't in the cards.  

there were many options other than bauer, the angels didn't get it done, for whatever the reasons may be. i would have like any of the legitimate number 1's we were ALL discussing this offseason and one more legitimate bullpen arm for the 7-8 innings. i really don't think that is too crazy of an expectation. do i think the angels got better than previous years? yes i do. do i think they got better enough to make the wild card? maybe. i don't think they improved enough to win the division, although it's not totally crazy to think they may. i don't think they did anywhere close to enough to be a serious contender for the series, but que sera sera. like i said, i was just breaking balls in a pretty mild way.

in all seriousness, i totally agree with whoever said, good for him it doesn't matter after one or two turns through the rotation.

21 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

We actually did improve our rotation (Quintana, Cobb > Teheran, Andriese) and for the first time in many years we have an actual legit closer in Iglesias. Mayers was a pretty damn closer last year as well.

Add in Ohtani and Buttrey who look much better this spring than they did last spring/season, I don't see how you couldn't be a little pumped.

And with Chris Rodriguez in the wings....I'm more than a little pumped!

20 hours ago, Bronson said:

The blatant disrespect for Bundy. The dude was legit last year and has been lights out in ST and you’re complaining???

What I got from the statement is that I think the Angels could have gotten more starting pitching. Bundy is the obvious #1 starter but we don't have a lot to choose from. I don't think it's a dis at Bundy as much as it's more of a poke at the front office, at least that's how I see it. 

5 hours ago, Torridd said:

What I got from the statement is that I think the Angels could have gotten more starting pitching. Bundy is the obvious #1 starter but we don't have a lot to choose from. I don't think it's a dis at Bundy as much as it's more of a poke at the front office, at least that's how I see it. 

me and you:

bicycling father and son GIF by NETFLIX

everybody else:

Burn Him Adam Sandler GIF by Netflix Is a Joke

but it's all good. everybody's tuned up from years of suckage. emotions are running high in angelfanland.