• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Season Tickets MUST be MLB Ballpark e-delivery now???

Rochambeau

I could make this a rant but I'll just put this here for discussion.  Got an e-mail to renew my season seats.  The ONLY delivery option is through MLB Ballpark app.

I would MUCH rather get hard tickets but they are saying they are doing it this way FOR HEALTH CONCERNS.  I don't believe that for a minute.  They have been trying to get people to go e-delivery for a few years now, now they are using COVID as an excuse.  Maybe it's as simple as saving the cost of printing them, maybe it's so they can flex even more control on the after-market, maybe both, maybe something else.

It does irk me that they would blatantly lie about the reason though, but whatever, corporations gonna cor-por-ate.  I think it's because they just GOTTA get their cut of after-market sales.

Anybody use the Ballpark app?  Can you print tix if you have an old person who doesn't do e-mail or smartphone who wants to buy your tickets from you?  Can you bulk send several dates at once?  Curious how feasible this is going to be before I drop way too much coin on tickets I may not be able to get rid of.

TIA

13 minutes ago, Rochambeau said:

I could make this a rant but I'll just put this here for discussion.  Got an e-mail to renew my season seats.  The ONLY delivery option is through MLB Ballpark app.

I would MUCH rather get hard tickets but they are saying they are doing it this way FOR HEALTH CONCERNS.  I don't believe that for a minute.  They have been trying to get people to go e-delivery for a few years now, now they are using COVID as an excuse.  Maybe it's as simple as saving the cost of printing them, maybe it's so they can flex even more control on the after-market, maybe both, maybe something else.

It does irk me that they would blatantly lie about the reason though, but whatever, corporations gonna cor-por-ate.  I think it's because they just GOTTA get their cut of after-market sales.

Anybody use the Ballpark app?  Can you print tix if you have an old person who doesn't do e-mail or smartphone who wants to buy your tickets from you?  Can you bulk send several dates at once?  Curious how feasible this is going to be before I drop way too much coin on tickets I may not be able to get rid of.

TIA

I remember when I used to have season tickets. Sending them via email was pretty easy as was selling them. Also could just print them as well if I somehow lost the ticket somewhere. Probably an added hassle for some and an added bonus for others who don't want to have to keep physical copies of things around like me. 

28 minutes ago, Rochambeau said:

TIA

Health concerns, lol.

My best guess is that this is another way for them to get much more information about you.  Information that can be sold.

On 9/10/2020 at 11:30 AM, yk9001 said:

Health concerns, lol.

My best guess is that this is another way for them to get much more information about you.  Information that can be sold.

So this got me thinking so I went in to the app and found the opt-out...  "DO NOT SELL MY DATA"

HAD to RE-login THEN

Had to fill out a form THEN

Had to do a captcha THEN

Had to do ANOTHER captcha THEN

Had to have them send me an e-mail to verify my e-mail address THEN

They will review my request and get back to me.

Makes sense, I am sure there are LOTS of people looking to opt people out of marketing lists.

By the way, you CAN get printed tickets if you pay $100 to the Angels for the privilege.

And they are still sticking to the health and safety lie as the reason behind requiring you use the app.