• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

14 hours ago, Stradling said:

Well that’s the issue.  MLB has a history of not sharing what their actual revenue is.  So that isn’t going to happen. 

I agree with the that’s the issue. We will see what happens when the collective bargaining agreement comes up. I think the players are gonna get some major changes. I don’t know if a cap will come into play but I think things will change drastically. What that means for salary cap floor talks, revenue sharing, service time, minor leagues, free agency, etc who knows. 

I think we will see a change in arbitration and possibly a year less of club control.  

I would like radical change that is centered around a players age.  Something like all players are free agents entering their age 26 season, so there really wouldn’t be trying to manipulate service time.  If you have a stud and he is 19 or 20, you have him under club control and can bring him up and play him as soon as he can be impactful for your club.  Maybe that with one less arb year?  

25 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I think we will see a change in arbitration and possibly a year less of club control.  

I would like radical change that is centered around a players age.  Something like all players are free agents entering their age 26 season, so there really wouldn’t be trying to manipulate service time.  If you have a stud and he is 19 or 20, you have him under club control and can bring him up and play him as soon as he can be impactful for your club.  Maybe that with one less arb year?  

Seems like older players would not be in favor of this.  Potentially makes rosters younger. 

I am for a salary cap (and floor) as long as the owners will genuinely, honestly open their books to share all the actual financial information with the players so that all the rules are negotiated in good faith to create an actual honest partnership with the players.

If the owners will not be 100% wide open on the real financials, then I will (more or less) always side with the players fighting for an open market and fitting for whatever they can get.

On 7/19/2020 at 10:54 AM, Dtwncbad said:

I am for a salary cap (and floor) as long as the owners will genuinely, honestly open their books to share all the actual financial information with the players so that all the rules are negotiated in good faith to create an actual honest partnership with the players.

If the owners will not be 100% wide open on the real financials, then I will (more or less) always side with the players fighting for an open market and fitting for whatever they can get.

My question is. How can the NBA NFL and NHL all do this but the MLB can not? It doesn’t make sense to me. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Local TV revenue versus National TV revenue.  

No I get that. Just it’s very strange MLB owners and league playing like it’s still in the early 1900s. We will see i think there will be a big revamp on how free agency and salaries work in the new agreement. I also see a strike coming. But that could just be me. I hope not. 2 plus days left till baseball actually starts. And we don’t have to have these make believe talks anymore. 

3 hours ago, Kevinb said:

No I get that. Just it’s very strange MLB owners and league playing like it’s still in the early 1900s. We will see i think there will be a big revamp on how free agency and salaries work in the new agreement. I also see a strike coming. But that could just be me. I hope not. 2 plus days left till baseball actually starts. And we don’t have to have these make believe talks anymore. 

The local tv deals combined with team owners often owning all or part of the tv station makes it impossible to know where the money is going / coming from. When the CBA rules change so do their tv deals. This is one of the reasons there is so much bad faith between the two sides. I’m not sure how the NBA has avoided this problem.

On 7/20/2020 at 2:06 PM, Kevinb said:

My question is. How can the NBA NFL and NHL all do this but the MLB can not? It doesn’t make sense to me. 

Those players unions, as I understand it, have real financial information from the owners to negotiate a “partnership” in good faith.

Baseball owners do not have to, and never have, shared their real financials with the players union.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Those players unions, as I understand it, have real financial information from the owners to negotiate a “partnership” in good faith.

Baseball owners do not have to, and never have, shared their real financials with the players union.

Which again... Why have they not. I imagine eventually they will have to. You can't operate a business when one side has no idea ever. This stuff will eventually come to a head.