• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

60 Game Schedule Released

Hubs
Message added by Stradling

4A532C6B-3C1D-4892-ABDA-378225E86307.png

Hmm, 3 of 10 home vs. A's, 6 of 10 home vs. Astros,  4 of 10 home against the Rangers, and 7 against the Mariners at home? Then they get the Dodgers for 3 at home, the Diamondbacks for 3 at home, Giants and Padres for 2 each?

Seems like a weird way to split the games, but then, everything about this season is weird.

Oh and they finish with three against the Dodgers.

21 minutes ago, Ray McKigney said:

Start the season with 4 in Oakland. When was the last time the Halos started a season with a home stand?

2016 - that weird weekend when some teams had real games on Sunday and then the Angels played an exhibition against the Cubs later that night - then opened with the Cubs the next day.

60 is a weird number, especially with 10 games against each of the 4 division opponents.

But I don't get the 7 games away, 7 games at home stuff, they should've split it 6-4 Home/Away vs. Mariners and 6/4 Away/Home vs. The A's.

I'd have done that. It may have taken a bit of swapping, but it would've been better.

Angels gonna be at a disadvantage compared to other contenders, especially those in the AL Central like MIN and CLE. Nearly 1/3 of the ANgels schedule is against the Astros and Dodgers, whereas MIN and CLE get 3 of the worst teams in MLB(KC, DET, PIT) for 1/3 of their schedule. Gotta think one of the WC spots is going to one of those 2 teams

17 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Angels gonna be at a disadvantage compared to other contenders, especially those in the AL Central like MIN and CLE. Nearly 1/3 of the ANgels schedule is against the Astros and Dodgers, whereas MIN and CLE get 3 of the worst teams in MLB(KC, DET, PIT) for 1/3 of their schedule. Gotta think one of the WC spots is going to one of those 2 teams

I'm just wondering why they are picking AL and NL wild cards with this format. The AL/NL West should get it's own wild card, along with Central and East wild cards, and one more from any league/division.

The Angels have to play the Dodgers 6 times while the other ALW teams only play 3 or 4 games against them. That makes our schedule the hardest in the division.They could have had every ALW play every NLW team 4 times and every team would have an equal schedule.

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

11 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

The Angels have to play the Dodgers 6 times while the other ALW teams only play 3 or 4 games against them. That makes our schedule the hardest in the division.They could have had every ALW play every NLW team 4 times and every team would have an equal schedule.

If anyone should be complaining, it's the Dodgers. After all, they lost every game they played against the Angels last year.

Personally, I'd rather see them play the Dodgers than some crappy team. The Angels/Dodgers games are ones I look forward to.

1 minute ago, PattyD22 said:

According to CBS Sports, the Angels have the toughest road to the post season, while the boys in blue have one of the easiest using the 2019 stats and records.

I don't give a crap. I'm just glad to have some baseball. If the Angels end up winning, it will just be that much sweeter.

Edited by True Grich

22 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

Interesting that they are playing Seattle at home the August 28th weekend.  The original schedule had them playing in Seattle that weekend. 

August 14 -31 looks brutal, two plus weeks without a day off. 

I saw yesterday on MLB Tonight that there are something like 5 or 6 teams that have a stretch of 20 games in a row with no days off. 20 games in a row is the absolute maximum, according to the league rules.

5 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

According to CBS Sports, the Angels have the toughest road to the post season, while the boys in blue have one of the easiest using the 2019 stats and records.

2020 MLB schedule winners and losers: Mets, Angels have tough slates; good news for NL Central contenders

Makes it that much sweeter when they win it all

• 2 weeks later...