• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

5 hours ago, Kotchman said:

Here is a lot of money given to the poor. A middle class working family isn’t getting anything but a small gov loan. They then seek private loans. Their basically paying their way and Jamals way twice. Once through taxes and again by paying school grants for the poor. Play around with the fasfa website sometime. A pregnant female or male father gets a shot ton of free money for being irresponsible in ha. Average kid better go to community college or they are going into debt for college. 

Fasfa is a joke if you have a job

They will lend you money based on you having a job

If you are a dead beat parent with tons of debt you get financial assistance

So middle class parents pay through the nose

Kids have to work to get scholarships, grants, have a job while in college and parents pay the rest

Or get a student loan

9 hours ago, Taylor said:

Where did you go to college?

That has nothing to do with your decisions to live outside of your means, being part of the problem of a prohibitively high cost for college education and being in financial chains afterwards since your degree focus doesn't support your desired lifestyle. 

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

That has nothing to do with your decisions to live outside of your means, being part of the problem of a prohibitively high cost for college education and being in financial chains afterwards since your degree focus doesn't support your desired lifestyle. 

Damn Holmes, shit, whip out the dagger.  Everyone can't be a Hollywood elite in a MAGA hat like you. 

3 hours ago, Redondo said:

Fasfa is a joke if you have a job

They will lend you money based on you having a job

If you are a dead beat parent with tons of debt you get financial assistance

So middle class parents pay through the nose

Kids have to work to get scholarships, grants, have a job while in college and parents pay the rest

Or get a student loan

Very true. I saved my gi bill for my son but we still had to do fasfa. It’s a good thing he had it because he wasn’t getting anything for free 

10 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

Damn Holmes, shit, whip out the dagger.  Everyone can't be a Hollywood elite in a MAGA hat like you. 

I worked with a guy that had a masters in cinema from Harvard. That qualified him to be a runner, then worked dubbing and finally assistant tape operator before moving on from The Post Group. He ended up getting into pyrotechnics for stage. His degree could have been used to light a sparkler for all it was worth but at least he made enough money to pay off his student loans. 

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I worked with a guy that had a masters in cinema from Harvard. That qualified him to be a runner, then worked dubbing and finally assistant tape operator before moving on from The Post Group. He ended up getting into pyrotechnics for stage. His degree could have been used to light a sparkler for all it was worth but at least he made enough money to pay off his student loans. 

I used my degree for a few years then fell back into the trade I started in.  College is a scam these days with these student loans.  In my day I went to a university, not a Harvard but while working it was around $2500 a semester after buying books. In high school not to age myself they taught get a trade.  Now they want to prep them for college and a mountain of debt.  My brother got nominated for an Emmy (didn't win but went to the party) for sound work on the Sopranos back when it was on and never graduated high school.  College should not cost what it does unless you want to go to Harvard, etc. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Okay Blarq

A bunch of dudes who went to the "school of hard knocks" ragging on people who went to college.

I honestly don't care if you went to college or not. I know plenty of people who have had successful, fulfilling careers without a degree. I know many others who have successful, fulfilling careers because of their degree.

If you're older than 50, though, you really have no idea what the job market is like these days for younger people. 

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

A bunch of dudes who went to the "school of hard knocks" ragging on people who went to college.

I honestly don't care if you went to college or not. I know plenty of people who have had successful, fulfilling careers without a degree. I know many others who have successful, fulfilling careers because of their degree.

If you're older than 50, though, you really have no idea what the job market is like these days for younger people. 

If you ever have to supervise people from your generation you'll apologize to my generation for having to deal with all this crap

15 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Unless you have a business or law degree from a prestigious school a college diploma is about as valuable as the paper I’m currently wiping my ass with. 

I did the college thing in my mid 20's after already working and bought a house just because I thought a degree would be an accomplishment but not to really change careers. I sat there in night classes with my work shirt and name embroidered on it with bondo dust floating off me.  I looked like pig pen goes to college. I would have never even thought about it at the costs now.  

9 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Hope you didn't think I was ragging on you. I appreciate you went to better yourself and these guys giving you shit just think you can go find a job anywhere but it is tough these days.  One kid can get a job easy being an RN but hates having to clean shit off covids and the other has a masters in psychology and works in sales to pay the rent.  Don't pay any attention to Blarg. 

10 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

I did the college thing in my mid 20's after already working and bought a house just because I thought a degree would be an accomplishment but not to really change careers. I sat there in night classes with my work shirt and name embroidered on it with bondo dust floating off me.  I looked like pig pen goes to college. I would have never even thought about it at the costs now.  

You worked hard to make it work

Respect what you did

A lot of people don't have that work ethic and expect things to be given to them