• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

4 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I said “should”. . .

People are human and I understand why they could feel the need to prioritize the safety of their own family.

It doesn’t make it right though.

We should all want uncontaminated justice and it is sad to think the threat of mob violence or being personally targeted for being on a jury is real.

Thats kind of why I said they should buy guns and defend themselves.

Society and justice, in my opinion, would both be better served overall in the long run if people targeting jurors were shot dead on the spot in self defense.

Maybe then the people afraid would be the lawless fucks and not the law abiding jurors.

Dude, the mere presence of an AR-14 causes death. Just look how scary they are! If you own one you will kill a lot of people because it shoots a a 30 caliber clip in .5 a second. 

2 minutes ago, cals said:

I don't think they were sequestered so they had access to TV and the internet.  I'm sure they understood what would happen if they did the right thing. 

They were around for the riots last year too. I'm certain fear played a role in their verdicts 

The 2nd degree murder charge did not require intent to kill, only the intent to commit the assault which caused Floyd's death. Medical experts testified that "positional hypoxia" was the immediate cause of death. The knee on the neck with Chauvin's full body weight. He kept his knee there for four minutes after Floyd stopped breathing and continued after it was found that Floyd had no pulse.

The jury didn't have much choice it seems.

4 minutes ago, cals said:

Yes, the point is the decision that was made (either way) was made without serious critical thought.  They didn't say "let's do our job and debate this".  They said "let's let this guy fry and get our asses home and lock our fucking doors before shit goes down."  I suppose I can understand that position. 

That's not being entirely fair to the jury.  It's possible that they did, in fact, debate it, and they simply all agreed once they debated.  Yeah, it was a pretty fast decision, but that doesn't mean that it was made without serious critical thought.  Different people handle debate differently.  Of course, there's also the possibility that they DID rush through it (e.g., taking an initial guilty/not guilty poll before even discussing the evidence)--but you can't just assume that.

My own experience on a jury on a high-profile (though not THIS high-profile, thankfully...) case was a longer, more in-depth process, but that was largely due to the fact that there wasn't a unanimous opinion after we initially debated (and I didn't take a guilty/not guilty poll until after the initial thorough recap of the evidence/debate).

This whole process will ultimately harm the black community. Black communities already struggle to recruit law enforcement and this conviction won't help. Police won't plant their flag over this case. However, I can see some serious backlash if this sets a new precedent for justice. The response times in black communities probably just became a lot longer. Probably time for the Police unions to consider strikes. Let the inmates run the asylum for a few days and return to the bargaining table. 

17 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

That's not being entirely fair to the jury.  It's possible that they did, in fact, debate it, and they simply all agreed once they debated.  Yeah, it was a pretty fast decision, but that doesn't mean that it was made without serious critical thought.  Different people handle debate differently.  Of course, there's also the possibility that they DID rush through it (e.g., taking an initial guilty/not guilty poll before even discussing the evidence)--but you can't just assume that.

My own experience on a jury on a high-profile (though not THIS high-profile, thankfully...) case was a longer, more in-depth process, but that was largely due to the fact that there wasn't a unanimous opinion after we initially debated (and I didn't take a guilty/not guilty poll until after the initial thorough recap of the evidence/debate).

They likely all agreed a guilty on all charges verdict was better than being harassed or killed.

“Justice is Served” is all over Facebook.

Maybe now the dishonest scumbag violent angry slice of our society can go back to normal. . .  You know where they steal from innocent business owners and assault and kill innocent people for NO reason.

31 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Lol this guy is dumbest caricature of a Republican imaginable or a really great bit Cals or someone is doing.  It’s one or the other. 

Its true I am not the smartest cat in here. There are a lot of smart libs in here that can't seem to wipe their own ass or make a decent wage. I am an ignorant redneck with average looks and penis size. Somehow, I manage to have a hot wife and earn a decent living. Despite all this success, I can't see to enter the elite status of over educated under paid liberal jerk off club in here.

24 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

Its true I am not the smartest cat in here. There are a lot of smart libs in here that can't seem to wipe their own ass or make a decent wage. I am an ignorant redneck with average looks and penis size. Somehow, I manage to have a hot wife and earn a decent living. Despite all this success, I can't see to enter the elite status of over educated under paid liberal jerk off club in here.

Haha 

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

So since the verdict has been announced.  I've heard non stop police helicopters flying all over the place.  Chances of there still being looting tonight seems pretty high.  

Where do you live?  Some of what you hear might be news helicopters.  I don't think we'll see anything major happen tonight.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Where do you live?  Some of what you hear might be news helicopters.  I don't think we'll see anything major happen tonight.

LA near Koreatown.  Definitely not news helicopters as these are moving.  News helicopters park and hover.

6 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

LA near Koreatown.  Definitely not news helicopters as these are moving.  News helicopters park and hover.

I looked around on the Citizen app (look into it if you don't have it; it gives you alerts about accidents, police activity, etc. in your area), and there appears to have been a large protest in Koreatown that started a few hours ago.  From what I can tell, it actually doesn't have anything to do with the Chauvin verdict.  Seems to be related to attempts to unionize in the nursing home/long-term care industry.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

I looked around on the Citizen app (look into it if you don't have it; it gives you alerts about accidents, police activity, etc. in your area), and there appears to have been a large protest in Koreatown that started a few hours ago.  From what I can tell, it actually doesn't have anything to do with the Chauvin verdict.  Seems to be related to attempts to unionize in the nursing home/long-term care industry.

Oh I have it.  Get the daily vacant house or trash fire along with someone with weapon at this intersection.  There was a funny one the other day of someone getting assaulted by someone with a burning blanket.   

1 hour ago, Tank said:

@cals how can someone be guilty of second degree murder, third degree murder, and second degree manslaughter for one death? it seems to me that it's legal overkill.

Third-degree murder requires prosecutors to prove that someone caused the death of another "by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life."

For a conviction of second-degree unintentional murder, the state's prosecutors must show beyond a reasonable doubt that Chauvin caused Floyd's death while assaulting him. 

In order to convict Chauvin of second-degree manslaughter, prosecutors must show beyond a reasonable doubt that he was "culpably negligent" and took an "unreasonable risk" with Floyd's life when he restrained him and that his actions put Floyd at risk of death or great harm. Prosecutors do not have to prove that Chauvin's actions intended to cause Floyd's death, only that his actions put Floyd at risk of death or great bodily harm.

You’ll note that none of these deal with intent.  Obviously that would be the most difficult thing to prove.  Anyway, they’re all technically different things. 

So taser lady is next. This guy’s channel is pretty good and I think his break down and assessment of the incident is fair. Cops have the authority to use deadly force so we should expect them to ALWAYS use force appropriately and these mistakes are unacceptable 

Edited by Jason