• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angel player who changed baseball Rick Reichardt

Signed by the Angels in 1964 in a bidding war for 205,000 the highest paid to a player at that time. In 1965 MLB changed way players could sign with teams by having it's first draft because of this bidding war. Reichardt was first player to hit HR in the new Anaheim stadium 1966. He was hitting 288 with 16 HR and 44 RBI in 89 games that year but an ailment caused him to have a kidney removed. He was never the same player after that. People remember Curt Flood (as they should) and others who changed the game but not many remember Rick Reichardt and how he changed the game. 1965 first player drafted was Rick Monday.

On 4/21/2020 at 10:09 AM, Angels 1961 said:

Signed by the Angels in 1964 in a bidding war for 205,000 the highest paid to a player at that time. In 1965 MLB changed way players could sign with teams by having it's first draft because of this bidding war. Reichardt was first player to hit HR in the new Anaheim stadium 1966. He was hitting 288 with 16 HR and 44 RBI in 89 games that year but an ailment caused him to have a kidney removed. He was never the same player after that. People remember Curt Flood (as they should) and others who changed the game but not many remember Rick Reichardt and how he changed the game. 1965 first player drafted was Rick Monday.

So, the Angels overpaying for players who find unique ways to fail to live up to their contracts isn't a recent phenomenon?  

That makes me feel ... not better ... 

😉

On 4/23/2020 at 8:03 AM, Tank said:

i'm friends with reichardt on facebook and we've talked a couple of times on private chats. nice guy. ends almost all of his public posts with "ten hut" so i'm guessing there's someone he's honoring with that.

On 4/23/2020 at 8:03 AM, Tank said:

i'm friends with reichardt on facebook and we've talked a couple of times on private chats. nice guy. ends almost all of his public posts with "ten hut" so i'm guessing there's someone he's honoring with that.

Ask him if he remembers Jackie Warner and how'd he like having Jimmy Piersall as teammate?

On 4/23/2020 at 8:00 AM, DCAngelsFan said:

So, the Angels overpaying for players who find unique ways to fail to live up to their contracts isn't a recent phenomenon?  

That makes me feel ... not better ... 

😉

In that other recent thread about disappointments, RR was my choice as The Original Disappointment. After he got sick, he was basically Matt Joyce (or less) or the next decade or so.