• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joc Pederson, Mike Trout, Justin Upton & Jo Adell

Chuck

Obviously that's a talented power packed outfield. But I keep seeing people talk about Jo Adell and where he fits in. 

First off, this gives him more time to get extra work in at AAA, but I don't see how this blocks him once he's ready. I mean even if he's killing it in the month of April and promote him in May the Angels could go with a rotation in the outfield. 

When Ohtani is pitching: Adell in RF, Trout in CF, Pederson in LF and Upton at DH. 

It's well documented that Joc Pederson isn't the greatest against lefthanded pitching. You could save him on the bench for his late inning heroics against a righty reliever, or a late inning replacement in LF for Upton. You go with an outfield of Upton, Trout and Adell initially in that scenario.

The other good thing about Pederson is he can play CF and he's excellent defensively. So this can get Trout off his feet during the season and DH here and there as well. 

All around, this was a great acquisition for the Halos. Goodwin becomes a really good 4th outfielder and until Adell is ready he can start against lefties rather than go with Hermosillo who still hasn't proven he can hit major league pitching. 

9 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Banking on Goodwin to repeat last year just seems too optimistic to me. Joc's floor is still higher than Goodwin's ceiling. 

I agree with this. I think Goodwin is a solid option, but he really just had one ridiculous month. Plus his BABIP was very high. I think he's basically a .250/.330/.420 guy. That's valuable, but not as good as Pederson. Plus Joc is probably better defensively.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Any thoughts on where Pederson will bat in the lineup?

I'm more into the flexibility lineup. I spread and balance it out.

1. Fletcher/LaStella -2B

2. Pederson/Goodwin - RF

3. Trout - CF

4. Ohtani/Pederson - DH

5. Rendon - 3B

6. Upton - LF 

7. Pujols/Walsh - 1B

8. Simba - SS

9. Castro/Stassi - C

When they promote Adell they either place him in the 2 hole in front of Trout or slide him down to 8th and everyone moves up a slot.

Upton was terrible last year.  Hopefully this trade lights a fire under his ass because Adell wants to play in the big leagues and Trout and Joc are way better than Upton.  Joc should not be the platoon guy, Upton is the platoon guy if we want to have one.  He sucks in the field and he was awful at the plate last year. -0.9 WAR last year....Joc was way better. 

4 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

1. Fletcher/LaStella

2. Pederson/Goodwin

3. Trout 

4. Ohtani 

5. Rendon

6. Upton

7. Pujols/Walsh

8. Simba

9. Castro 

r6elkbfk_main_0_1200x628.jpeg
Winter road safety myths you might be...
As the temperature drops, many vehicle owners resort to different winter...

La Stella will play 1B against righties and 2B when Fletcher needs a rest. He is an excellent utility player. 

2 minutes ago, TroutCron said:

La Stella will play 1B against righties and 2B when Fletcher needs a rest. He is an excellent utility player. 

He has played 3 innings of 1B in his entire career including the time he played for Maddon in Chicago. Maddon loves flexibility! But, he also stresses Defense! Exception of Left field. Where he has placed the meh fielders and pop gun arms.

This isnt little league you just dont throw players out there.

11 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

1. Fletcher/LaStella -2B

2. Pederson/Goodwin - RF

3. Trout - CF

4. Ohtani/Pederson - DH

5. Rendon - 3B

6. Upton - LF 

7. Pujols/Walsh - 1B

8. Simba - SS

9. Castro/Stassi - C

When they promote Adell they either place him in the 2 hole in front of Trout or slide him down to 8th and everyone moves up a slot.

We haven't seen a lineup with that kind of depth since 2002...

9 minutes ago, stevestevens said:

Upton was terrible last year.  Hopefully this trade lights a fire under his ass because Adell wants to play in the big leagues and Trout and Joc are way better than Upton.  Joc should not be the platoon guy, Upton is the platoon guy if we want to have one.  He sucks in the field and he was awful at the plate last year. -0.9 WAR last year....Joc was way better. 

I've never been a big Upton fan, but I think his terribleness last season had more to do with his preseason injury than lack of heart. 

(His defense is comically bad though, can't argue with that.)

6 minutes ago, stevestevens said:

Upton isn't trade bait....he is "we can eat his contract" bait for a low level prospect.

True, which is still the same.

Or

He is packaged with Prospects for the #1 pitcher? To a team that needs offense in exchange. What would his offense look like in Colorado if they add an Adam's and an arm for Gray and Davis/Oberg ?

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

I agree with this. I think Goodwin is a solid option, but he really just had one ridiculous month. Plus his BABIP was very high. I think he's basically a .250/.330/.420 guy. That's valuable, but not as good as Pederson. Plus Joc is probably better defensively.

As a fellow .420 guy, I'm confused.

29 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Or, this allows him to be trade bait? And Pederson slides into LF.

28 minutes ago, stevestevens said:

Upton isn't trade bait....he is "we can eat his contract" bait for a low level prospect.

OK, let's stop this stupidity before everyone catches it like the flu.

UPTON HAS A NO TRADE CLAUSE.

Now please do not make this mistake agian that Upton is a moveable commodity.,

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

OK, let's stop this stupidity before everyone catches it like the flu.

UPTON HAS A NO TRADE CLAUSE.

Now please do not make this mistake agian that Upton is a moveable commodity.,

You should post more "matter-of-fact" opinions, like when you said The Dodgers weren't trading Stripling.