• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin.com Today: Angels Win?

4 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Thank you Chuck, almost 13 years and counting for me on here.

Awesome @Angel Oracle. That's a long time. Boy has time flown by. 

I was recently pondering a website name change because of the lack of wins the past few years, then I ponder what it means to be winning. I then looked at the Angels record during the time in which I've launched the website until now and came to the conclusion that Angels Win .com is as relevant today as it was before we went live prior to the 2004 season. 

I don't remember when I came here exactly. I want to say 2008. The OMB had been overrun by ___ and it was just a shit show. Plus I exclusively trolled there and said some nasty stuff (even by my standards) and wasn't really welcome anyway. I only lurked the ESPN boards.

I did come here to troll at first but then realized it was actually a good Angels forum and the rest is history. Now I only troll 90% of the time.

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

I think that was in sometime in late 2005 into 2006. 

The MLB Angels forum or as some called it (OMB), most of the longer tenured folks transitioned over in 2007-2008. 

Yeah, it was around that time for sure, some definite trolls were making it impossible to discuss anything meaningful...and very few have the panache of AudiDriver. 

I don't think there is any doubt this is the best place to discuss Angels baseball with other fans...

1 minute ago, mulwin444 said:

Yeah, it was around that time for sure, some definite trolls were making it impossible to discuss anything meaningful...and very few have the panache of AudiDriver. 

I don't think there is any doubt this is the best place to discuss Angels baseball with other fans...

Ha! I totally forgot about AudioDriver's assbirth spams that completely took over the ESPN forum so that nobody could ready a post or thread. 

I think that's the enormous benefit of running an independently owned and operated website and having its own members as Mods. You can put the kibosh on that crap in a hurry. I know that @Brian Ilten who was the moderator at ESPN was pissed at the guys who ran the ESPN forums because they could take hours during the middle of the day to delete posts/threads and eliminate the account of whoever was spamming. 

I also like that I have several automated processes in place to avoid bot attacks and trolls taking over this site as well. 

Actually I think I may have trolled here and got banned. I was an edgelord in my early 20's.

@Chuckster70 do you have a list of banned users? I think I was HaloNile or something like that. It had the word "Nile" in it. 

I'm glad I grew up and decided to stop trolling and saying gross offensive things, and instead talk about buttholes and my bunk, like an adult.

I love this place.  I don’t know how long I have been here but if I remember correctly it was shortly after the Vlad signing.  I got an email from Chuck inviting me over, he must have seen my name on either Angel message board or an AOL Baseball Chatroom.  It took me awhile to build up the courage to post regularly (or as Claude calls it the good ol days).  If I had to guess I came over in 2004 or at the latest 2005.  

I remember having one board and we discussed everything on that one board.  Then we got the hangout board, which had everything not baseball related.  Then I think we added the minor league board and the political board, then the rest slowly crept in.   

When I first got here the names of the people most prominent were Chuck, AIR, Chili, Angelsfan25, who hated Scioscia and quit the Angels because of him, Blarg, Victorious Ghost (who died then didn’t die, which is cool), Adam, Brandon, that dude who dated young girls Cory, Stickboy, Tank, Crampknees, IEBruin, YK being and asshole and stuff, and a handful of others.  We also had a few women on here, then Brandon ruined that fun.  

We really do need a trip down memory lane thread.  We tried it with the Hall of Fame forum, but it never took off.  Great place!

43 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Came over in the great "ESPN Angels Forum Exodus" in 20??...it's been a while.

Same here. I remember the Mariners board somehow taking over the Angels board and screwing the whole thing up. Thank god we have this place. Even when I'm not posting on the main board I'm still constantly lurking because I value a lot of people's opinions on here.

As I’ve stated before, this site is simply the best place to discuss Angels baseball.  I’m approaching my first anniversary on the site and I’ve felt my knowledge about Angels baseball has grown exponentially.  

As Stradling said above, like him, I lurked for a while until I got a feel for the board.  I don’t post nearly as frequently as others on the board, but I certainly try and read every topic and thread.  There is so much knowledge and experience on the board that I feel if I don’t read a topic, or a specific thread, I may miss out on some inside joke (I.e. the Hofstra stuff).

Anyway, as we approach another Angels baseball season, my invitation stands as always.  If any AW poster is in Angel Stadium, feel free to drop into Section 238 and the beer is on me.  

And also, if there is a specific Angel give away that you think you want, just let me know and I’ll try my best to get it to you.  As always, Go Angels.

21 minutes ago, True Grich said:

For a moment there, I thought you were writing a good bye letter and closing the site down.

Thankfully, that's not the case.

Thank. You. For. Everything.

Yeah, me too. I was starting to get worried as I kept reading the article. I'm glad my concern was unwarranted.

Thanks for keeping this site going Chuck. I don't actually post on here as much as I'd like to, but this is a regular stop on my daily online browsing. And I hope we have a whole lot of positive things to discuss over the coming year and years after.

9 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

if there is a specific Angel give away that you think you want, just let me know and I’ll try my best to get it to you. 

Great.... I'd like to get all the runs the pitching staff gives away and donate them back to the team. Make it happen, buddy.

2 minutes ago, True Grich said:

If you guys start hugging and kissing each other, I'm outta here.

Well.... Growing up predominately with the Italian side of my family it was all about greeting family and friends with a hug and kiss on the cheek. 

al pacino kiss GIF

10 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Great.... I'd like to get all the runs the pitching staff gives away and donate them back to the team. Make it happen, buddy.

Dude, with Cahill and Harvey alone last year, we’d have donated damn near a million runs.

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

oj simpson snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

That account doesn't exist here but I do remember the member name on our old forum software before we moved here. 

I still wish that I was able to move that old data from 2006-2013 to here. We had some priceless posts and epic threads.