• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin.com Today: Angels Win?

1 hour ago, Keener said:

I remember heading over here on a tip from red321 after the espn boards became impossible.   I've never been a volume poster, but appreciate the information, good and bad takes, as well as those that i've come to know (and in some cases, meet).  Thanks one more time for the place to hang, Chuck.

You bet, @Keener

Thanks for being here and also to @red321 for inviting you! 

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

I love this place.  I don’t know how long I have been here but if I remember correctly it was shortly after the Vlad signing.  I got an email from Chuck inviting me over, he must have seen my name on either Angel message board or an AOL Baseball Chatroom.  It took me awhile to build up the courage to post regularly (or as Claude calls it the good ol days).  If I had to guess I came over in 2004 or at the latest 2005.  

I remember having one board and we discussed everything on that one board.  Then we got the hangout board, which had everything not baseball related.  Then I think we added the minor league board and the political board, then the rest slowly crept in.   

When I first got here the names of the people most prominent were Chuck, AIR, Chili, Angelsfan25, who hated Scioscia and quit the Angels because of him, Blarg, Victorious Ghost (who died then didn’t die, which is cool), Adam, Brandon, that dude who dated young girls Cory, Stickboy, Tank, Crampknees, IEBruin, YK being and asshole and stuff, and a handful of others.  We also had a few women on here, then Brandon ruined that fun.  

We really do need a trip down memory lane thread.  We tried it with the Hall of Fame forum, but it never took off.  Great place!

Good stuff @Stradling

I too think we need a Trip Down Memory Lane Thread stickied on here. Tons of history, amazing stories and eventful times since '04.

7 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

As I’ve stated before, this site is simply the best place to discuss Angels baseball.  I’m approaching my first anniversary on the site and I’ve felt my knowledge about Angels baseball has grown exponentially.  

As Stradling said above, like him, I lurked for a while until I got a feel for the board.  I don’t post nearly as frequently as others on the board, but I certainly try and read every topic and thread.  There is so much knowledge and experience on the board that I feel if I don’t read a topic, or a specific thread, I may miss out on some inside joke (I.e. the Hofstra stuff).

Anyway, as we approach another Angels baseball season, my invitation stands as always.  If any AW poster is in Angel Stadium, feel free to drop into Section 238 and the beer is on me.  

And also, if there is a specific Angel give away that you think you want, just let me know and I’ll try my best to get it to you.  As always, Go Angels.

Really happy to have you here @PattyD22. Thank you for the kind words.

@Chuckster70 you really should have an Angelwin HoF that members would be allowed to vote for. Maybe make a list of 10 candidates each spring that we could vote for and induct the top 3 in every season. There are quite a few great contributors here and also in the past that certainly deserve recognition. Would love to see Percy make that list someday.

9 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Actually I think I may have trolled here and got banned. I was an edgelord in my early 20's.

@Chuckster70 do you have a list of banned users? I think I was HaloNile or something like that. It had the word "Nile" in it. 

I'm glad I grew up and decided to stop trolling and saying gross offensive things, and instead talk about buttholes and my bunk, like an adult.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

12 hours ago, RendZone said:

@Chuckster70 you really should have an Angelwin HoF that members would be allowed to vote for. Maybe make a list of 10 candidates each spring that we could vote for and induct the top 3 in every season. There are quite a few great contributors here and also in the past that certainly deserve recognition. Would love to see Percy make that list someday.

Good idea. We did this a few times in the past. 

We had....

Member of the Year

Post of the Year

Thread of the Year

Blog Article of the Year

AW Greatest Moment of the Year