• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why don't the Angels have a fanfest?

mmc

We used to do these every year because they were fun and the Angels weren't doing them, so someone had to. 

Over the past 4-5 years though life got busy, some changes in our org took place and so we haven't done one since 2017 when we had Wally Joyner as a special guest. 

Here's one of our many though from 2008-2017, this one taking place in 2013. 

I feel like the teams that have fanfests, or that we hear about having them, are teams that have had winning records over the past couple of seasons or have won a title recently. I have heard about Houston, Cubs, Doggies, and Oakland fanfests. I wonder if that’s what all the teams with fanfests have in common, a recent Track record of winning? Hence none for us. 🤷🏻‍♂️

9 minutes ago, GregAlso said:

I feel like the teams that have fanfests, or that we hear about having them, are teams that have had winning records over the past couple of seasons or have won a title recently. I have heard about Houston, Cubs, Doggies, and Oakland fanfests. I wonder if that’s what all the teams with fanfests have in common, a recent Track record of winning? Hence none for us. 🤷🏻‍♂️

There were no regular "Fanfests" even during the Golden Decade of the 00's for the Angels.  Its not a priority for Arte.

35 minutes ago, GregAlso said:

3 million fans. Arte once stated that he would host the biggest tailgate party ever and supply all of the hotdogs and sodas. He never did that either. 

58 minutes ago, GregAlso said:

i'm also a reds fan and can tell you that they have a huge reds fest every year, rain or shine. 

1 hour ago, GregAlso said:

I think just about everyone has one. And the ones that don’t do a caravan, which is like a little traveling fanfest. 

When I covered the Giants and A’s they both had them every year. I think they’re great for fans. 

10 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I think just about everyone has one. And the ones that don’t do a caravan, which is like a little traveling fanfest. 

When I covered the Giants and A’s they both had them every year. I think they’re great for fans. 

Maybe a question directed to Eppler or Arte the next time they give you an opportunity for questions or feedback.