Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

    Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

    Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

     

IGNORED

Verlander Got Jokes


Lou

Recommended Posts

These guys still on the Astros are obviously getting some strategies for dealing with this from their PR team. So far they've gone with deny it, play the poor us card and use it to motivate, humor, pretend it doesn't exist. If they'd just come out and own it the world would go much easier on them. I doubt any current Astro will ever admit anything though, they've obviously been coached to never ever under any circumstance admit to cheating.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

This is what happens when Manfred is too weak to punish any of the players involved. Wouldn't be surprised if they're already planning another cheating scheme

Yea so the GM and Manager can get fired again?  Something like this isn’t happening again.  Not any time soon.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yea so the GM and Manager can get fired again?  Something like this isn’t happening again.  Not any time soon.  

It'll be orchestrated by the players and the management "won't know anything about it" since the precedent has already been set. There's enough arrogant douchebags in that clubhouse to do it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

It'll be orchestrated by the players and the management "won't know anything about it" since the precedent has already been set. There's enough arrogant douchebags in that clubhouse to do it

It’s not happening again in our life time.  The manager obviously knew it was happening.  If a manager sees it or suspects it they will be the whistle blower to protect their own job, same with the GM.  This wasn’t player driven.  Players can’t just get the video feed.  This was an organizational philosophy.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It’s not happening again in our life time.  The manager obviously knew it was happening.  If a manager sees it or suspects it they will be the whistle blower to protect their own job, same with the GM.  This wasn’t player driven.  Players can’t just get the video feed.  This was an organizational philosophy.  

Would you be upset if Astros won the division again this season? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Tank said:

I always enjoy a website more when it has a 3 inch wide banner running across the top, making all videos on it about the size of a postage stamp.

It's a good thing that the quote was listed in the article, because the sound quality was so bad that I couldn't make out what he said.

Just what the Astros need at a time like this. One of their players being a total asshole about it.

The Rangers used to be the Texas team that we really disliked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, nate said:

what?

Anyway, F the Astros so hard.

Here’s the thing. I haven’t seen or heard anything from the Angels organization (maybe I missed something) that berates the Astros organization about the sign stealing. We had a bad situation of our own to deal with this season and the Astros organization had many players wearing number 45 to honor Skaggs. 

It’s one thing for us to bash the Astros through social media for their scandalous cheating but it would be even better if our team would just beat them on a level playing field. That would be more gratifying than throwing rocks at a team that most likely prevented us from winning 73-79 games. Winning our division would be a much better way to get our point across. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, RendZone said:

Here’s the thing. I haven’t seen or heard anything from the Angels organization (maybe I missed something) that berates the Astros organization about the sign stealing. We had a bad situation of our own to deal with this season and the Astros organization had many players wearing number 45 to honor Skaggs. 

Have you seen anything from any organization that berates the Astros organization about the sign stealing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...