• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Verlander Got Jokes

Lou

19 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Have you seen anything from any organization that berates the Astros organization about the sign stealing?

I think that the Dodgers and Yankees have made comments but nothing like the what I’ve been reading from fans on social media. We just need to beat them on the field and leave it at that. All of this nonsense talk does nothing in the standings. 

What another fucking joke of a narrative.  We as fans can’t get pissed off that the Astros cheated because they beat us on the field.  You are ridiculous.  So the Yankees and Dodgers who were beat in the playoffs and World Series by the Astros are coming out and sharing their frustrations, but what since the Angels players haven’t they are ok with it and so we should be ok with it until we beat them on the field?  How bout you just take your shit on a different couch?   I know this thread will just make you want to play the victim, but oh well, its pathetic.  

3 hours ago, zenmaster said:

Now would actually be the perfect time for the Astros to cheat again. Who would expect them to cheat again so quickly after all this? 😄

This is the philosophy the 2018 Red Sox took. “Hey, they just caught us last year. They would t suspect us doing it again in 2018!” 🤷🏻‍♂️

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

It’s not happening again in our life time.  The manager obviously knew it was happening.  If a manager sees it or suspects it they will be the whistle blower to protect their own job, same with the GM.  This wasn’t player driven.  Players can’t just get the video feed.  This was an organizational philosophy.  

In future it may result in a lifetime ban for coaches or GM’s. I agree - I don’t think people like that are gonna want to risk it. 

1 hour ago, RendZone said:

I think that the Dodgers and Yankees have made comments but nothing like the what I’ve been reading from fans on social media. We just need to beat them on the field and leave it at that. All of this nonsense talk does nothing in the standings. 

You're not making any sense. You're implying that the Angels org hasn't publicly condemned the Astros org because of Tyler Skaggs. When I pointed out that no orgs are publicly condemning the Astros org, you changed your stance.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

You're not making any sense. You're implying that the Angels org hasn't publicly condemned the Astros org because of Tyler Skaggs. When I pointed out that no orgs are publicly condemning the Astros org, you changed your stance.

I pointed out that the Dodgers and Yankees have made comments. The Angels organization probably hasn’t said anything because they’re trying to get over their own issues. I’ve seen dozens and dozens of comments from fans on Halo sites reaming the Astros for what they did. Sure it was wrong but it really didn’t change anything we did on the field.  And we wanted Cole (pitched for them) to play for us. I think that the only way to make a real statement is to beat them on the field of play. All of this railing doesn’t change anything. I certainly don’t remember other teams railing on our very serious issue. 

No org has made comments. Players from Dodgers and Yankees made comments. Dodger players made comments at their fanfest. They were both directly effected by the behavior in the playoffs so it makes sense they commented. But no organization has a made an official comment, not one, not even the Dodger or Yankee organizations. They were told they couldn’t. Players have made comments when they were at events where they were asked to comment. Get the facts straight. 

1 minute ago, GregAlso said:

No org has made comments. Players from Dodgers and Yankees made comments. Dodger players made comments at their fanfest. They were both directly effected by the behavior in the playoffs so it makes sense they commented. But no organization has a made an official comment, not one, not even the Dodger or Yankee organizations. They were told they couldn’t. Players have made comments when they were at events where they were asked to comment. Get the facts straight. 

Well using the logic posted by NarrativeLand The Yankees and Dodgers shouldn’t say anything because the Astros beat them on the field of play.   In other words complete nonsense. 

10 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

There’s a difference between losing to the Astros in the playoffs and losing to them while 20 games out of the second WC. 

I wonder if the Astros picked only certain teams to cheat against. I mean why ruin a good trash can if you don’t need to. 

4 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

So..   Just in case people forgot why teams aren't talking about it...

Nobody is covering their own asses, the league is following MLB's recommendation.   

They were asked not to comment on the punishment. They still talk about the crime. 

3 minutes ago, RendZone said:

They were asked not to comment on the punishment. They still talk about the crime. 

So, have you actually seen the MLB memorandum or is this you taking that ONE Dodger's tweet and running with what it actually means as if it's fact?    

Also, you just finished saying how the only teams to talk about it were the Yankees and the Dodgers...    So who is they?    Maybe you can link to whatever has been said because I totally missed it.  What have the Yankees as an organization said about what's happened?   I've seen CC's comments, and I think I saw Cashman deflect away from it once.  So, if they have said something please share that info.  I seriously havent seen it...  I know some players have been going rogue and commenting -- but teams have for the most part refrained from commenting..  

4 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

So, have you actually seen the MLB memorandum or is this you taking that ONE Dodger's tweet and running with what it actually means as if it's fact?    

Also, you just finished saying how the only teams to talk about it were the Yankees and the Dodgers...    So who is they?    Maybe you can link to whatever has been said because I totally missed it.  What have the Yankees as an organization said about what's happened?   I've seen CC's comments, and I think I saw Cashman deflect away from it once.  So, if they have said something please share that info.  I seriously havent seen it...  I know some players have been going rogue and commenting -- but teams have for the most part refrained from commenting..  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/rays-glasnow-calls-punishment-for-players-lax-in-wake-of-scandal/ar-BBZiDmM?li=BBnba9I

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So another player going rogue, got it. 

Maybe, I worded it poorly..    But yeah..  Plenty of players on different teams have commented -- but havent seen any MLB team make an official statement...     Im guessing because that's what they have been asked to do..  Dunno, no clue what MLB told them.