• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Right now they just need to vaccinate people as opposed to letting the vaccines sit on the shelf

That's really what they should have right now.  

One line for 1a people.  These get filled first, if you don't qualify, they laugh at you and kick you to the back of the line.

One line for 1b people.  They get filled once the 1a all get theirs.  If you don't qualify, they laugh at you and kick you to the back of the line.

Rest of the people.  if there is vaccine left over.

Once a majority of the 1a get their shots, and the 1b become the priority.  Then you make line 1 1a and 1b.  line 2 1c.  And the rest.  But just focusing on one tier at a time is pretty stupid.  

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

23 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

That's really what they should have right now.  

One line for 1a people.  These get filled first, if you don't qualify, they laugh at you and kick you to the back of the line.

One line for 1b people.  They get filled once the 1a all get theirs.  If you don't qualify, they laugh at you and kick you to the back of the line.

Rest of the people.  if there is vaccine left over.

Once a majority of the 1a get their shots, and the 1b become the priority.  Then you make line 1 1a and 1b.  line 2 1c.  And the rest.  But just focusing on one tier at a time is pretty stupid.  

Confused Hanna Barbera GIF by Warner Archive

Tom Woods Email AKA Taylor's Favorite

Back in May, Vanity Fair ran this headline:

"If 80% of Americans Wore Masks, COVID-19 Infections Would Plummet, New Study Says"

Well, we know how that turned out.

Mask compliance is at about 88% overall.

Now that that didn't work out, the mask religionists are falling back on what they call their "Swiss cheese" model of virus mitigation. I would explain that to you, but really. (It starts with, "We never said masks alone would do the trick!")

When you challenge the grandiose claims made for masks by pointing out the endless charts showing no discernible effect anywhere, or comparing places with masks to places without, the excuse factory shifts into high gear.

There are too many other factors at work between two given places, so it's not fair to compare their outcomes with and without masks, we're told.

(Incidentally, if the charts all showed deaths going down after the introduction of mask mandates, do you think we'd be getting these lectures about careful distinctions and nuance, or do you think the mask religionists would be shoving the charts in our faces?)

All right, then. Let's look at just one place, Arizona, and compare it with itself.

Given the importance attached to masks, there must surely be a clear difference, evident in the data, between Arizona counties that mandated masks and Arizona counties that didn't.

Are you ready to see that radical difference for yourself?

Here it is:

Now nonbelievers in the mask religion may look at that chart and say: there is no difference.

But we know what happens to mask religion heretics -- they're deplatformed and destroyed.

So:

Why, yes, Mr. Science Man, sir, I sure do see the big difference masks made in Arizona!

Now I have another chart for you, this one illustrating media distortion.

Iowa and New Mexico had very similar curves, separated only by time.

In both places the curve went up sharply, and then came down steadily.

As the curve was going up in Iowa, The Atlantic ran the headline on the left. As the curve was coming down in New Mexico, Scientific American ran the headline on the right:

bc95311d-483f-4636-a20c-318e50e5db9f.jpe

16 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Adam is turning into those Boomers who get all their info from Facebook and emails.

Would like to use a source like the CDC.  But all their wear a mask, stop the spread articles for some reason stops in November.  Not sure what happened around then that they would cause them to stop reporting numbers.

The problem are the indoor gatherings where people are obviously not wearing masks.  

anyway, it doesn’t matter most people are willing to make minor sacrifices to try and help their community.  But we have enough fucking pricks that’s can’t do anything period that it doesn’t matter.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

Just now, Adam said:

I spend a ton of time in MV, LF, Irvine, Orange and Santa Ana. I don't see anyone without masks on. Where is the non-compliance?

I deal with customers every. single. day that refuse to wear a mask.  I’m around the same areas you are.  I spend probably more time in the Fullerton and Yorba Linda areas. 

11 minutes ago, Taylor said:

OC people wear masks where they have to in order to enter a place of business. But they have stupid gatherings and birthday parties and such where nobody is masked up.

Maybe they’d have fewer gatherings if more shit was allowable by the overlords