• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Likely W/L records in the AL West in 2020

On 1/14/2020 at 11:39 AM, Angel Oracle said:

In the 3 divisions era (1994-present), has there ever been one division with FOUR 90+ wins teams?

Every year there’s at least one division trying for it. Generally at least one of the teams turns into a pumpkin. My pick would be the Rangers. I see nothing that suggests that team should be competitive. 

14 hours ago, Rally Gorilla said:

Just noticed this from four days ago....     

To answer your question...well, uhm....no.   The closest I saw was the 2008 NL Central, which had six teams....the fourth place Cards had 86 wins.     So, maybe my prediction isn't giving enough consideration to the limited amount of wins to be had.   I revise my best-case scenario to:

Angels  95 Wins

A's:  92 wins

Rangers:  88 wins  

Astros:  88 wins

Mariners:   74 wins  (but, still, who cares?)

If my original prediction was right, then I'm blaming you  @Angel Oracle    

But, But Altuve guaranteed the Assterisks would be back to the WS in 2020...

On 1/18/2020 at 9:49 PM, Pancake Bear said:

My pick would be the Rangers. I see nothing that suggests that team should be competitive

How would you define competitive then? We'll be a 80-85 win team this year. There's almost no chance we'll win the division, but to say we won't be competitive is flat out naive. Solid rotation, half decent bullpen and some bright spots in the lineup. We won't be a great team by any means, but we'll scratch and claw.

8 minutes ago, Stamm said:

How would you define competitive then? We'll be a 80-85 win team this year. There's almost no chance we'll win the division, but to say we won't be competitive is flat out naive. Solid rotation, half decent bullpen and some bright spots in the lineup. We won't be a great team by any means, but we'll scratch and claw.

My comment was related to a Wild Card spot. Typically when four teams in a division go for it, at least one falls off. I think the Rangers are trying to compete for a WC spot, I’m just skeptical they’re quite good enough, although Arenado would make it very interesting for sure. I was not at all meaning that they’re going to suck like Seattle. 

1 minute ago, Pancake Bear said:

My comment was related to a Wild Card spot. Typically when four teams in a division go for it, at least one falls off. I think the Rangers are trying to compete for a WC spot, I’m just skeptical they’re quite good enough, although Arenado would make it very interesting for sure. I was not at all meaning that they’re going to suck like Seattle. 

I'm on the same page now. I hear ya. Would honestly be a miracle if we're in the Wild Card conversation once September rolls around, but crazier things have happened!

52 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Like I said, if Daniels trades for Arenado, it gets a lot more interesting. 

I think the Frazier deal locked us in at 3B for 2020. Would love to get Arenado, but by signing the Toddfather, the FO waved the white flag on hunting down their third baseman...for now.