• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pick a trade

Stradling

7 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

By the way, I think you have put together some fair trades.  I thought Shark would have been a smart play for depth behind a true front line starter.  But I don’t really want to trade more players now to get him after already getting other depth.

The Shark one costs us a guy who won’t be here after 2020 unless they choose not to extend Simmons.  If you trade for Boyd he is just another piece you can add to a package for an ace if one becomes available at the deadline.  Or if you get Boyd you could more easily package guys like Suarez and Sandoval.  

Maybe the idea of Marsh is greater than the reality of Marsh, I have no idea.  That said I would rather trade Thaiss (who I am high on) Rengifo and others that we have seen than Marsh who we haven’t seen.  Something about the lack of interest in trading him from Eppler tells me they feel he is going to be a good one.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

The Shark one costs us a guy who won’t be here after 2020 unless they choose not to extend Simmons.  If you trade for Boyd he is just another piece you can add to a package for an ace if one becomes available at the deadline.  Or if you get Boyd you could more easily package guys like Suarez and Sandoval.  

Maybe the idea of Marsh is greater than the reality of Marsh, I have no idea.  That said I would rather trade Thaiss (who I am high on) Rengifo and others that we have seen than Marsh who we haven’t seen.  Something about the lack of interest in trading him from Eppler tells me they feel he is going to be a good one.  

All fair.

I think I am well on record at this point saying I am 100% fine trading Marsh.  He might be the Angels ticket to get what they need (as the lead piece in a significant package).

Changing the subject, my brain keeps bringing me back to Chris Sale.  Not sure if Boston would move him, and obviously there is a risk.  But the guy is only 30.

4 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

All fair.

I think I am well on record at this point saying I am 100% fine trading Marsh.  He might be the Angels ticket to get what they need (as the lead piece in a significant package).

Changing the subject, my brain keeps bringing me back to Chris Sale.  Not sure if Boston would move him, and obviously there is a risk.  But the guy is only 30.

If he didn’t have the same injection that both Ohtani and Richards had then they ultimately went on to have TJ surgery then yea, I would be high on him.  Healthy he is the guy you trade Adell and Marsh for, and hope that’s enough.   

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If he didn’t have the same injection that both Ohtani and Richards had then they ultimately went on to have TJ surgery then yea, I would be high on him.  Healthy he is the guy you trade Adell and Marsh for, and hope that’s enough.   

You only have to trade those two for him when he is under team control For multiple years prior to a massive free agent contract.  I really don’t think you have to trade both those guys to get the “ace” that has a huge contract attached to him.

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

You only have to trade those two for him when he is under team control For multiple years prior to a massive free agent contract.  I really don’t think you have to trade both those guys to get the “ace” that has a huge contract attached to him.

You would if it is a healthy Chris Sale and he comes at that price tag when compared to what lesser pitchers got in free agency.  He’s better than both Strasburg and Cole or he was. 

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You would if it is a healthy Chris Sale and he comes at that price tag when compared to what lesser pitchers got in free agency.  He’s better than both Strasburg and Cole or he was. 

You are correct to cite then value versus the recent ace contracts.  I don’t think the value is enough to warrant BOTH Adell and Marsh.

I think Boston would want Adell and the Angels would want to do Marsh and others.

16 hours ago, Stradling said:

Ok, if you could trade for a starter and you have these three options which do you take.  In this exercise the player mentioned is the key component and the rest of the acquisition cost is low minor league depth and we will assume the same for each guy.  

La Stella for Samardzija and cash
Rengifo for Boyd
Fletcher for Gray

Samargzija had a good year last year, but is older and only one year of control.  
Boyd is good but not great and would be a bit of a project and 3 years of control.  
Gray is the best and 2 years of control.  

Let me know what you would do and why.

1. Nope. i rather hold on to La Stella and see if he repeat. If he does repeat than i would to look to trade for a better piece. 

I feel like we might get a La Stella for Stroman trade.

2. Sure. But i kind of get the feeling that the angels value Rengifo..while idk about 

3. No...Fletcher means to much to this team. 

I did a little digging on Samardzia out of curiously as i hadnt really seen much suggesting anything about him to date.  I came across 2 things that suggest it would make a lot of sense.

This one from a SF source:
https://aroundthefoghorn.com/2020/01/04/san-francisco-giants-jeff-samardzija-trade-partners/

This one from one relavant to Mil but talks about cost:
https://reviewingthebrew.com/2019/11/29/jeff-samardzija-brewers-trade-target/

If this could happen it might now even take LaStella but that would certainly fit the bill.  If this were an option we could then package others in a separate deal now or at the deadline and suddenly have a solid front end. 

Hes re-invented himself some and it seems to be working, not relying on power anymore means he should last longer, less stress on the arm and definitely eats innings. 

Take it for what its worth.

On 1/4/2020 at 10:53 AM, Stradling said:

Yea, the reason I chose these trade ideas is none of them are desperate.  Losing any of these guys isn’t going to have a long term affect on the team.  If you lost Fletcher it would absolutely sting, but he’s never going to be amazing, just a very useful part.  We would be bringing in other very useful parts that even if they weren’t the saviors (which they aren’t) they would be solid starting pitchers.  

I wouldn’t trade Fletcher for any of those guy. I think a lot of you guys are underestimating just how valuable Fletcher is. He is the perfect compliment to Trout and Rendon. He does everything well and is cheap.

LaStella shouldn’t be traded unless Thaiss shows some major improvement with the bat. Ward is just a throw in in any deal given his very poor showing in MLB both offensively and defensively. The Tigers are asking a lot for Boyd, he probably won’t be moved until July. The same goes for Gray.  Samardja is just another arm who doesn’t move the needle much. I would pass on all three. The biggest problem the Angels have is not having young pitching to trade in return. The Rockies, Giants and Tigers all need pitching.