• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Chris Archer Trade Proposal

ettin

So when you are examining available pitchers in trade around the League, invariably you end up taking a look at Archer because, at his current price, no one has the combination of velocity and potential (remember he had a good set of seasons from 2013-2015) remaining upside. Certainly the last two seasons have not been particularly kind to Chris, thus his probable availability and lower asking price but out of the buy-low scenarios, Archer still pumps a mid-90's fastball and may see better days still if he goes back to throwing the two-seamer that made those early seasons so great.

If you were Eppler and the Pirates would accept the following trade would you do it?

Angels send 3B/1B Matt Thaiss, SP Jose Suarez, and OF Trent Deveaux to the Pirates for SP Chris Archer

Yes? No? Maybe?

If you are a no, what would you propose (including not making a trade for him at all)? I know some of you despise him (and I am not the biggest fan myself) but if the price is right would you be satisfied if that was our last pitching acquisition move for this off-season?

Although the rotation is improving, it still needs a reliable, top of the rotation guy. The best options are of the board. Ryu or Keuchel would be acceptable at this point and anything less would be a disappointment. 

I'm a little tired of "hoping" guys work out. I'm a no on Archer.

Nah I'm good. I don't like Archer, at all. 

He's 31, so it isn't like he's young. I know the K rate is excellent, but other than that...

I would have taken him over Bundy. But now that we have Bundy, I think Archer is redundant. I don't believe he's coming anywhere near his former self again.

I'm a hell no to the proposed deal.  

He's averaged 130 innings the last two years and he's 31.  He's also posted an era of above 5 last year. Dude is the definition of an enigma.  

I'd literally give up maybe Ward and a low level non-prospect that no one has ever heard of except a few people around here.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I might make that trade.  Then I’d trade Heaney and still look to sign Ryu. 

If it were part of a larger plan that would make a difference.  I don’t buy La Stella at 1b so I see Thaiss as platooning at 1b, and I hope they give him a chance.  I wouldn’t trade Heaney unless for a #1.

49 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I might make that trade.  Then I’d trade Heaney and still look to sign Ryu. 

I still dont think they will trade Heaney but what I could see is a Heaney for Syndergaard based trade where Andrew and one or more expendable assets go in a trade for a more elite starter. Doesnt have to be Noah but Andrew would bring down the total price.

1 minute ago, Turd Ferguson said:

So did you expect Cahill and Harvey to be more than that? I don’t understand your point. Do you think Keuchel is an ace?

No. But he's as much of an ace as Archer has ever been. Archer had a 121 ERA+ in 2015, which was his best season and the last time he was good.

Keuchel in 2019 had a 121 ERA+.

3 minutes ago, Turd Ferguson said:

Nice sample size. 

Archer is 9M this season and 11M next season. I don’t necessarily think he’s the answer but I think he’s more of the profile that our FO seeks in SP then Keuchel/Ryu—low cost/commitment, some upside. 

did you miss the whole Gerrit Cole thingy?