• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Maddon/Callaway vs. Ausmus/White

Hubs

Am I wrong in thinking that the manager (and pitching coach) switch alone, even with the exact same team as in 2019, would be +10 wins? I was a huge Scioscia fan even in the later years, I thought, the grass isn't always greener...I wasn't a fan of the Ausmus hire, but thought, Doug White will save the day...boy was I wrong about that.

But I didn't think the team functioned as a team very well in the later half of the year and injuries just consumed them. The only time I saw them working well as a team was in July. I honestly believe the big differences between 2018 and 2019 was the manager. This team I think would've been 9/10 wins better had they retained Scioscia for 2019.

So.. I have that same confidence I had with Scioscia in Maddon and Callaway. I think Callaway gets the best out of several pitchers on the staff, including Dylan Bundy and Griffin Canning, but also Andrew Heaney.

This is the right hire, and I think the team will be that much better...even without the adds, but I do expect them to add one significant free agent starter. They may also trade for someone, but I don't think Canning is the 6th guy, I think that's left to Sandoval, Barria, and Pena.

1 minute ago, mymerlincat said:

Doug White and Brad Ausmus never had any business being a pitching coach and manager.  

Wait... What are you doing here?  Get back on Twitter Hot Stove Watch immediately!

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Well that’s assuming one is the best and the other is the worst.  I don’t believe either is the case. 

Do you have a pick for both? I feel like Maddon is up there in clubhouse presence and motivating players. Less sold on his in game management. Ausmus made good in game decisions, IMO (others probably disagree), but seems like he maybe wasn’t the greatest at Maddon’s strengths, and those are a bigger deal. 

Just now, Sean-Regan said:

Do you have a pick for both? I feel like Maddon is up there in clubhouse presence and motivating players. Less sold on his in game management. Ausmus made good in game decisions, IMO (others probably disagree), but seems like he maybe wasn’t the greatest at Maddon’s strengths, and those are a bigger deal. 

Best, Tito Francona, Worst no not really. 

1 minute ago, Sean-Regan said:

I liked how he managed the pen but most don’t. I did think he had too quick of a hook for starters.  But I felt like that was more of a front office thing.