• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

HOF announces candidates for Modern Era Committee

T.G.

I've read countless pieces over the years on why Bobby Grich should be in the HOF and I remain dumbfounded that he hasn't even been considered lately - especially - with all the advanced metrics available.  I'd like to see him get in soon so he can have a lot of years (hopefully) to appreciate the honor. No question he'd go in as an Angel and that's another huge plus. 

58 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I look at this lifetime WAR list, and it is impossible for me to say that Bobby Grich is not a HOFer.

He is probably the most underrated player of the last 30 years.

Look at how Jeter is barely in front of Grich, and notice how many HOFers Grich is above.

The HOF is definitely imperfect, but when your career is better than that many HOFers, somebody should be noticing.

There are 278 players in the HOF.  Grich is #92 all time WAR, and isn’t in?

I know WAR isn’t the singular measurement but this is pretty crazy that #92 all time WAR is not in the HOF when 278 guys are in.

200B32F4-7F9B-42D3-8114-6CC588D3EC7C.png

You think Grich is better than Gwynn? WAR isn’t the end all be all. 

On 11/4/2019 at 3:28 PM, Angel Oracle said:

Murphy was as good as any player in MLB from 1982 through 1987.   Five seasons out of six, he had an OPS+ of at least 142, and won two NL MVPs with two other top ten finishes in that 6 year period.

But career numbers wise, he only had 2,111 hits and 398 HRs, and an OPS+ of 121.   For comparison, Vlad had 2,590 hits, 449 HRs, and an OPS+ of 140.

He was also walked 986 times, compared to Guerrero's 737 - hence my comment about him being pitched around. Other than the years when he played with Bob Horner, he was pretty much it in the Braves' lineup. You can't get a base hit or hit home runs when you're being walked all the time.