• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Segura has 6 hits tonight

I was just trying to Google an answer to my last question and found an interesting piece of trivia.

Of course for when it happened (late 1800's), it's not actually fair given today's game but...

...there was actually one PITCHER that got 6 hits in a 9 inning game.

Guy Hecker

8/15/1886.   The year Lasorda was born.

But, but, we got Grienke and his high 3.00s ERA since 2010. He was the piece. SMH

Arte is in love with one year wonders (GMJHGH, Grienke, etc.) and over 30s and nearly washed ups!

FWIW I'm glad we didn't re-sign Greinke "at all costs" to make ourselves not feel as bad about the fact we gave up Segura to rent him. Doesn't seem to be working out too well for the Dodgers so far...

Here is what would have happened if we kept Segura

He'd have started the year in the minors and he'd probably have raked

He would have been called up to replace aybar when he was injured.  Lets say for shits giggles he did well. 

He'd be sitting on the bench when Aybar came back and he'd have about 70ab. 

Every time Aybar did something stupid we'd have flurry of posts about how he should start. 

We might have one more win that we do now.

Segura is playing way out of his mind but damn, it sucks seeing him kill it like this. He's been the best SS in baseball. 

I'm not sure I disagree.

I know not every trade or signing we make blows up, but it sure seems like a lot of painful memories lately (and some still stuck in our face for almost a decade more!)