• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jeff Fletcher, narrative killing machine...

3 minutes ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

Nope. He'll walk off the field if his avg dips below .2999999994

so game 5 of next year?  

people always talk about how Mantle was filled with regret by letting his avg. dropping below .300 for his career.  

Mantle made 1.13 m for his CAREER.  Albert is going to make about 60m over the next two years.  I wonder if someone had offered the Mick 8 million dollars (inflation adjusted amount that Albert is going to get relative to 1968) to play a couple more years if he'd have taken it without concern for his career avg.  

Anyway, the ROC never really bothered me.  

Mantle played his entire career dealing with a string of injuries. Starting in the 1951 WS.

This is an amazing review of the entire incident with graphic pictures.

Seems DiMaggio really was a jerk as a person.

But Mantle never was as good as he potentially could have been. However, still iconic, a great player and my first childhood hero. 

I have his autograph next to a signed Trout jersey. So many similarities on and off the field.

http://jrsbullpen.com/pwigogallery/index.php?/category/384

Just now, Dochalo said:

I will say that I'd be happier with him at the helm than Ausmus.  

Me too.  I just don’t believe it makes much of a difference.  I have no problem replacing Ausmus and I fully understand that the team knows more about what goes on than we ever will.  The company I work for has one owner, and at the end of the day she promotes who she wants, it’s her money to spend on whom she’d like to spend it on.  The same is true with Arte.  If they fired Ausmus because he wants Maddon, I see it as something pretty normal.  

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Me too.  I just don’t believe it makes much of a difference.  I have no problem replacing Ausmus and I fully understand that the team knows more about what goes on than we ever will.  The company I work for has one owner, and at the end of the day she promotes who she wants, it’s her money to spend on whom she’d like to spend it on.  The same is true with Arte.  If they fired Ausmus because he wants Maddon, I see it as something pretty normal.  

agreed.