• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tipping

Hot Damn!

Even though I do math for a living I still need a calculator when someone asks me what’s 2+2. So I just eyeball it and they usually get around 33% because it’s an easy calculation.

I had a great year and feel fortunate, so if there is ever any kind of tip line I put something……coffee shops, food, deliveries, whatever. I don’t care if the order is incorrect or not the best, just don’t be an asshole and you’ll usually get something. If someone is an asshole I’ll think about whether I’m going to return to the establishment before writing something on the tip line.

since the pandemic, we've increased our tipping, especially to delivery drivers who come to the door and wait for us to answer the door.

i've been genuinely surprised at how many drivers just leave the food on the porch and walk away without giving us any kind of notice.

22 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I don't know if I've ever ordered more than like $25 for delivery.

yikes, what kind of fast food place is this? a regular restaurant for my family of 3 is never under $40, no matter where order from. and most places are usually a good amount more than that.

10 minutes ago, Tank said:

yikes, what kind of fast food place is this? a regular restaurant for my family of 3 is never under $40, no matter where order from. and most places are usually a good amount more than that.

Our baby has a steady diet of breast milk and pureed fruits and vegetables. So I'm only ordering for the wife and me.

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Our baby has a steady diet of breast milk and pureed fruits and vegetables. So I'm only ordering for the wife and me.

Paying for delivery and tipping because you won't make your own meals and then whine about not being able to buy a house. And yet you can't see where your want to live a lifestyle greater than your means stands in your way. 

44 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Paying for delivery and tipping because you won't make your own meals and then whine about not being able to buy a house. And yet you can't see where your want to live a lifestyle greater than your means stands in your way. 

Okay, Blarg. I'm sure you ate beans and rice for every meal when you were saving to buy a house.

We're actually really good at budgeting and staying within our budget. I won't apologize for eating out when we don't feel like cooking.

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

We had a cupboard filled with Top Ramen at .18 cents per meal. 

No need to apologize for the lifestyle you've chosen. Just quit griping about not being able reach a lifestyle you won't sacrifice for. 

I'm sorry if my posts about the housing market come off as griping. I just know I'm not the only person who thinks housing (and rent) prices in Southern California are too damn high.

2 minutes ago, cals said:

It’s not that I’m not sympathetic to some extent.  It’s just this “its only is happening to us!” millennial mentality.  When I got out of law school in the early 2000’s real estate had gone nuts and by the time I had any money the house I live in now probably would have sold for $900K after selling for $300K 10 years earlier.  We waited and there was a dip and we bought in 2012 after renting for 10 years.  It sucks but you deal with it. 

Yeah, I don't think this is the only time and place where housing prices are higher than they should be.

We're talking about moving out of state (again). Colorado is attractive for a few reasons, but it's getting more expensive. We have family in Texas, where it's really cheap, but hell no do we want to live there. Oregon is cool, but we don't have any family there.

By the end of the year, we'll end up somewhere we can afford.

16 hours ago, Taylor said:

Good for you. By the time I'm your age, I plan to have a fully paid-off property as well.

We paid our house off 6 years early. Once the boys moved out our living expenses dropped considerably allowing us to focus that money on erasing that debt. I hope you can free those shackles sooner. Makes your life so much better. 

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Question: For hotel valet, should you tip every time you drop off the car, or just when you pick up the car?

i'm not a high roller with a big wad of twenties in my pocket, so i only tip when picking up.