• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tipping

Hot Damn!

i worked at starbucks for 2 years while i was in college after the marine corps.

some woman with botox all over her face and bleached hair ordered a couple of venti coffee slurpees for 2 of her spawn. they literally crawled all over the counter, for 3 minutes while i made their coffee slurpees and then one of them grabbed their venti slurpee with both hands, and it exploded all over the counter. she demanded another for no charge, and when i refused, she said "well you're rude" and complained to the manager. 

this was an extreme case, but entitled fucktards are ubiquitous. before the marines, i worked fast food for 3 years.  

i didn't expect tips as a barista or fast food worker, and what waiters deal with with at at least half of their tables is 10X worse than anything i went through.  

tip them, and tip all service workers when you can.  even if it's a lowly fast food worker, understand that being a turd to them will likely result in your food getting extra special care.  at least be polite. 

Starbucks is one of those places that used to be so different with fresh ground coffee and pastries made from local purveyors. Now they push a button and watch it drip into a cup filled with caramel sauce then sell you a vending machine cello wrap stale food item. So milkshakes and plastic food and people wonder why they can't lose weight. 

Half the time I have to beg them to not add more water than the medium fill line, I like mine icy and not watered down. I get that look like I'm changing the entire process by asking for less water instead of wanting five shots of chocolate sauce with some salted caramel. I rarely tip. 

Wandering further off topic, in Montana there is a coffee chain called City Brew. A damned good cup of coffee and if you order an Expresso drink the water has to remain and an exact temp and water pressure through the entire brew or they dump it out and start all over. I watched them toss 8 cups of fresh brewed Expresso for my Americano because in the last 6 seconds the water temps dropped. I couldn't beg them to let it slide, they were not going to present a product that wasn't perfect. 

I dropped a tip on that drink. 

49 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Starbucks is one of those places that used to be so different with fresh ground coffee and pastries made from local purveyors. Now they push a button and watch it drip into a cup filled with caramel sauce then sell you a vending machine cello wrap stale food item. So milkshakes and plastic food and people wonder why they can't lose weight. 

Half the time I have to beg them to not add more water than the medium fill line, I like mine icy and not watered down. I get that look like I'm changing the entire process by asking for less water instead of wanting five shots of chocolate sauce with some salted caramel. I rarely tip. 

I love Starbucks! But I only get venti bold roasts with two add shots. Perfection 

I’m a 20%+ across the board unless it’s really bad then maybe 15. Could be a bad day for the server or whatnot. Unless it’s the BJs at the the block. F*ck that place and I’m not tipping more than 10% there anymore at the most. 

This thread was to coincide with the underpaid teachers thread. I remember a very dramatic tipping thread from back in the day so felt I had to start a new one. 

My only issue when it comes to tipping these days is when your expected to tip someone who is a cashier at a counter. I enjoy leaving a decent tip for someone who serves, or makes food, or even table bussers, but standing at a checkout counter ringing people up does not seem tipworthy to me? Maybe I'm turning into Mr. Pink in my old age....

source (1).gif

I realized yesterday that I tip the chick who cuts my hair 61%.  She just opened her own place and so I’m tipping her more than I did at the previous place she was working.  She has a little studio in a much bigger studio where there’s 30 or so separate “venders”.   Here’s is the type of studio where you can grab something from the mini fridge whether it’s a soda, a water, a beer or some whiskey or what not.  She has sports on and is able to talk sports.  

Most full services based places I tip 20%.  I had an amazing experience at a steak house in Chicago where I tipped a large amount (like $100 on a $150 dinner) but vacation is different and it might have been the best restaurant service experience I’ve ever had.  

I'm 20 percent across the board. Even if the waiter skus, perhaps they're just having a bad day and/or have been dealing with morons for the past six hours. If it's a really awesome waiter, I tip 25 percent. I always tip $1 for takeout food.

I used to be cheaper than this. But my wife is super generous and inspired me to up my tip game.

Edited by Taylor