• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tipping

Hot Damn!

20 hours ago, Blarg said:

Wandering further off topic, in Montana there is a coffee chain called City Brew. A damned good cup of coffee and if you order an Expresso drink the water has to remain and an exact temp and water pressure through the entire brew or they dump it out and start all over. I watched them toss 8 cups of fresh brewed Expresso for my Americano because in the last 6 seconds the water temps dropped. I couldn't beg them to let it slide, they were not going to present a product that wasn't perfect. 

I dropped a tip on that drink. 

City Brew is awesome

24 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Yeah, but you’re probably expected to put out.

21 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Should the situation arise, Ten Ocho is ready to whip it out loaded and ready to fire.

The problem is i go to places with chick bartenders. And i did whip it out.

Thats why i tip so well, now.

On 9/20/2019 at 11:16 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

I always either double the tax, or overtip.

I cant even imagine how much money ive wasted over the years. But then again, i get free drinks all the time, too.

Doubling the tax doesn't work here in Idaho. You'd only be leaving 12%.

I usually tip 20% for food service and round up. My wife sometimes gets angry at me. She says 15% is enough, and she was a server back in the day. She'll say, "the service wasn't that great." She's right, the service is usually not great but I still tip. I tell her, "hey, just spreading it around."

At fast food joints if their system lets you tip on I'll add 10% or something. At Starbucks I always shove a $1 bill into the jar even though the drink is only like $3. That's pretty good.

If I'm buying beers at a bar it's a buck a beer.

I tip the woman like 60% on my haircut. The haircut has about 30% veteran's discount but that's not her fault.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

that will make me tip less.

I guess the idea is "youre not a bad guy", so you wont have the nerve to do that.  Your attempt to get even with the restaurant only harms the waiter / waitress.

Sooner or later a dinner bill is going to look like a cable TV / cell phone bill.

1 hour ago, m0nkey said:

Maybe I’m ignorant and don’t understand because I haven’t worked in the business, but I don’t see why the customers are supposed to tip people for doing their jobs. 

While a valid thought process, the issue is the business model is designed for customers to pay salaries. Bartenders/servers make dick as far as a wage. The consensus is the patron pays their wages based on tips. Which is why they are taxed 18% or so on every bill regardless of whether someone tipped or not.

So what happens is people that work at Denny’s or Red Robin complain about tips and create the FB pages about tipping or stay home, while the person that does a good job for regs or works somewhere like Ruth Chris or some high end steakhouse where they always get tipped well never complain.

The good news is that you never have to work at TGIFridays and if you choose this line of work, you can choose any place to work or not choose the industry at all if the tips suck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...