• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official NFL Season Thread

Tank

6 hours ago, nate said:

We know how much Brandon's dignity is worth... A super bowl trophy.

@Lou isn't there a bible verse about losing your soul for the sake of profit?  Matthew 16:26?

I'm just glad all three of your NFL teams are excellent judges of character and set the standard for the NFL.

Go fuck yourself - Brandon 3:14

No surprise but Trubisky is a symptom of their GM's inability to evaluate talent on offense.  They arguably had a top 5 defense last year but a bottom 5 offense.  In 2016 they traded 4 picks including the #3 pick to move up one spot to draft Trubisky which was a terrible move at that time and even one their then coach John Fox was against because he wanted Watson and not Trubisky.  This off season they cut Trey Burton who is 28 a year after signing him to a 4 year 32M contract then they signed Jimmy Graham who is 33 and looks like he can barely run when he's able to play to a 2 year 16M contract.  Cutting Burton isn't the issue it's what they replaced him with.  I gotta give it to Jimmy Graham because he's now somehow had 2 NFC north teams pay him for what he did in New Orleans and to a much lesser degree in Seattle.

22 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

No surprise but Trubisky is a symptom of their GM's inability to evaluate talent on offense.  They arguably had a top 5 defense last year but a bottom 5 offense.  In 2016 they traded 4 picks including the #3 pick to move up one spot to draft Trubisky which was a terrible move at that time and even one their then coach John Fox was against because he wanted Watson and not Trubisky.  This off season they cut Trey Burton who is 28 a year after signing him to a 4 year 32M contract then they signed Jimmy Graham who is 33 and looks like he can barely run when he's able to play to a 2 year 16M contract.  Cutting Burton isn't the issue it's what they replaced him with.  I gotta give it to Jimmy Graham because he's now somehow had 2 NFC north teams pay him for what he did in New Orleans and to a much lesser degree in Seattle.

A couple weeks ago ESPN was showing some of the old drafts. I actually watched the one where the Bears traded up to get him. Pretty funny looking back at it. 

Here's an article that discusses the picks San Fran acquired from the Bears and how they ended up turning out: http://thewrightwaysportsnetwork.com/nfl/nfl-hindsight-draft-trades-mitchell-trubisky/

It's over a year old and as of then only one of the picks really worked out but San Fran still won that trade because they had no intention of drafting Trubisky at 2 and still got the guy they wanted at 3 which was common knowledge as the picks occurred. 

9 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Here's an article that discusses the picks San Fran acquired from the Bears and how they ended up turning out: http://thewrightwaysportsnetwork.com/nfl/nfl-hindsight-draft-trades-mitchell-trubisky/

It's over a year old and as of then only one of the picks really worked out but San Fran still won that trade because they had no intention of drafting Trubisky at 2 and still got the guy they wanted at 3 which was common knowledge as the picks occurred. 

I was going to crack a Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch joke, but this is pretty brutal.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den/draft.htm

Damn, Bolles just had his 5th year declined, Shane Ray was shit, Montee Ball, Derek Wolfe (who is on another team), and Brock Osweiler.

Siemian was a 7th round pick and I can’t hate on a guy who was drafted as a back up QB just because he ended up starting on a team with no better options.  Bolles was a bad pick from the get go while Ramczyk who went after him to NO and has been an all pro guard was more polished and NFL ready. Best thing I read on a 2020 mock draft was one of the O linemen falling to Denver and the comment was “somewhere Garrett Bolles is getting called for holding.” Lynch looked like a back street boys reject on draft night and played like one. The only one that wasn’t shit on that list was Wolfe who exceeded expectations for where he was drafted and was one of the better players on D every year. Elway is proof that great players aren’t always great or even adequate talent evaluators. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They may look dynasty bound or set for the next so many years but pulling it off is a different story.  In the last decade Seattle looked like they could be a dynasty but only ended up with one ring and after a while they couldn't afford a lot of the guys they drafted who anchored their defense.  Rams looked like they could at least be competitive for a few years and now they could be playing to stay out of last place in the NFC west.  That said obviously Goff is nowhere near Mahomes.  The Chiefs look like they should dominate the AFC west for at least a few years because of their roster but also because the other AFC west teams lack franchise QB's.  In a year or two if anyone on those teams step up or they acquire a guy who does things can change pretty quickly.  Either way definitely not a terrible time to be a Chiefs fan. 

Patrick Mahomes agrees to 10-year extension with Chiefs, reportedly worth over $400 million
https://sports.yahoo.com/patrick-mahomes-reportedly-agrees-to-10-year-extension-with-chiefs-190312948.html

Mahomes is off to one of the best starts in NFL history for QBs, winning the 2018 MVP and winning Super Bowl MVP in the 2019 season while leading the team to i...

46 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Patrick Mahomes agrees to 10-year extension with Chiefs, reportedly worth over $400 million
https://sports.yahoo.com/patrick-mahomes-reportedly-agrees-to-10-year-extension-with-chiefs-190312948.html

Mahomes is off to one of the best starts in NFL history for QBs, winning the 2018 MVP and winning Super Bowl MVP in the 2019 season while leading the team to i...

$140M guaranteed

I think this is the biggest component when I mentioned potential dynasty. Everyone knew Pat would get paid, but even he came out and said something to the effect of wanting to win in reference to possibly going the Brady route and taking less to spread the money around and keep the team top notch. Curious to see how the figures break down as far as cap hits. The front office knows more than I do, but I was surprised they brought back Watkins......thought they would release him and use his money to pay Chris Jones. But I had a feeling this would essentially be the way a deal was constructed:

The length of the deal gives the Chiefs an opportunity to spread out what should be a significant salary-cap hit over multiple years. It is easily the longest extension in the league, topping the eight-year, $98.6 million deal left tackle Tyron Smith signed with the Dallas Cowboys in 2014.

• 2 weeks later...