• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Physioc and Hudler. I was blind to how bad they are.

I am watching the MLB TV Royals feed for the game that ended today. Wow, these guys are bad. It's amazing how I could be comfortable with their homerisms when they were cheerleading for the Angels. It is painful to listen to, now that I have been listening to Rojas and co. I know exactly why the Halos made a change. Hudler was acting like Hawk Harrelson today, and even tried to will a deep fly ball to be hit over the wall ala The Hawk. Physioc was pretty bad with the Halos, with his canned and obvious chatter that any fan would know already, so he was no shock to listen to, but Hud was unlistenable.

A real eye opener. We are lucky to have Victor Rojas. His knowledge, candor, and honesty in the face of team struggles is refreshing. He is a true talent. Love the guy.

I remember back in spring training when Hank Conger hit multiple extra base hits in a game but attempted to throw out a runner and the ball rolled into shallow centerfield, Hudler went on a 10 minute rant about the Jeff Mathis and Mike Napoli situation, and how Mike Scioscia doesn't tolerate bad defensive catchers etc. Kinda funny as an Angels fan but probably pretty annoying for actual Royals fans... 

They are just bad, mkay.  

Although I do think the Angels should bring a 3 person booth to the announcing squad.  I think when Gubi describes pitchers, he is pretty good, and gives good insight.  But when it comes to hitters, he just knows what the pitcher should do and tries to reverse engineer a response.  Putting a Salmon in the booth, who seems to like that area, to compliment Gubi and Rojas would be fun to hear.  Especially if pitcher and hitter disagree on strategies.

Never had a problem with Physioc. Still don't. Hudler is awful, though. But Gubi isn't much better. Baseball color commentators in general aren't very good.

I love Gubi and loved Hudler. I would love to sit down and sip a brew with the Hud man and talk baseball. Not  a fan of Rojas especially when he gets on those sarcasm runs. Sometimes he gets Gubi doing it. Also, ever since Rojas got here the Angels became much worse and the Rangers became much better. I think there is something to that and we should send him back to Texas

Physioc still had the best Angels win line "Light up the Halo" I hope he said it today.

Physioc was awful, the guy should be a game show host, not a sports broadcaster. Rojas is a guy who grew up around the game and sounds like he should be working in a front office somewhere. Hud is just one of those guys that you either love or hate but you definitely notice him. To me, Gubi is just "there" I don't notice him at all. Of course, my wife and mother wouldn't agree, because every time they show Salmon or Gubicza on the screen they become very interested, and it has nothing to do with what those guys are saying. I guess it's sort of like, I'll watch Alex Curry even if the TV's on mute.

I wonder how much the tone of a broadcast team is dictated by the team?  Meaning, do they sit down before the season (or even before they're hired) and actually map out what they want from the guys?  "We want you to be cheerleaders ... real homers."

This actually wouldn't surprise me.  The Royals have had very little to cheer about over the last ... what ... 20+ years?  Having a couple of guys in there that cheerlead (at the team's request) would actually make sense.

Watched same KC fox feed today (and yesterday).  I don't remember Physioc being such a homer as he is now.  Hud, yes.  Perhaps we don't notice it as much on the home side, although I don't remember Rojas doing it much.  It was pretty depressing listening to BOTH of them begging for hits, strikes, and taking such delight in the blown call at 1B.  They went on and on about the blown call with Trout yesterday, and even more today.  Ugh.

You guys can have goober, his pitching commentary is OK, but geez stop rambling on about how to hit, drive the ball, et al.  Either way, his capt obvious monotone is B O R I N G.

Physioc was around way too long and his style got boring. "Angels sure could use a hit right now" was brutal to listen to. I like Victor, but sure I will get tired in a few more years. Only Vin stands the test of time.

Victor is the best we have had in many years. HUD is still the same as he ever was. A real good guy and cheerleader for his team. I still remember physiocrat staring at sparky Anderson with such a crush that it was laughable. I don't think victor is such a homer that he can't be objective.

Physioc was around way too long and his style got boring. "Angels sure could use a hit right now" was brutal to listen to. I like Victor, but sure I will get tired in a few more years. Only Vin stands the test of time.

I remember fizz more fatten than not talking about how the halos needed a groundout or a fly ball more than a hit. Used to annoy the snot out of me. I always remember thinking how they could also use a hit more than another out.

Fizz sku'd.

My fave from Phys when the Angels were down 6-2 and someone hit a solo shot. "And the Angels have cut the lead in half at 6-3" Um... no Phys, cutting a 4 run lead to 3 runs is not cutting it in half.

He would do this every single game.

I think the whole approach of our coverage has changed. I remember three years back or so listening to TerrySmith and angel talk after the games. It seems to me that he wouldn't bad mouth the Angels for nothing. Wouldn't be he slightest bit critical at all. Now he is not afraid to call out a player when he doesn't get the job done. Victor came in and brought a new attitude to our broadcasts. I love when he says something like, " fastball right down the middle for ball two". We as a whole have not been afraid to call out a bad call. I think it makes for a better bond between announcer and fan. Now if we can just get the stadium guys to show controversial replays on the big screen during the game.

Probably doesn't make much sense money wise for the Angels but it would be nice to mix up the color commentators to get different perspectives. Even if their mic skills aren't necessarily the best, it would be okay since the increased insight would more than make for their deficiencies.

pizz never played baseball by his own admission and hud was(is?) on weed.

we're lucky to have who we've got.

Honestly weed probably helped him. Likely calmed him down some and helped him focus his number of concurrent thoughts to single digits.