• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Heyman: Angels have checked in on every available starting pitcher

mmc

Just now, mymerlincat said:

No, I would prefer to bring in someone with a postive fWAR to be our #3 starter.

Ok.  I am not sure which starters that are controllable for next year as well at a reasonable dollar figure will be traded or what it will cost to get them.  If Archer comes at a reasonable price prospect wise, then I am ok with acquiring him.  

I also don't think Archer's value is as low as some think.  The Pirates just gave up a huge haul to acquire him, it would be a terrible look for them to sell low on him only a year later.  He will be kept in hopes of rebounding in 2020, or will be traded for a similar premium that the Pirates paid originally.

4 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

I also don't think Archer's value is as low as some think.  The Pirates just gave up a huge haul to acquire him, it would be a terrible look for them to sell low on him only a year later.  He will be kept in hopes of rebounding in 2020, or will be traded for a similar premium that the Pirates paid originally.

I don’t think they necessarily gave up a haul - Meadows and Glasnow were good but starting to stall and become redundant.

Tampa happened to work some magic on them. They became the best possible outcome.

The Pirates thrive on financial flexibility and guys like Archer can muck things up. With Taillon’s injury and impending OF FAs, might be time for a reboot, and Archer might hit FA or fall further before than happens. 

Edited by totdprods

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

I don’t think they necessarily gave up a haul - Meadows and Glasnow were good but starting to stall and become redundant.

Tampa happened to work some magic on them. They became the best possible outcome.

Glasnow hasn't played since May 10th...

1 minute ago, mymerlincat said:

Glasnow hasn't played since May 10th...

But he was pitching like a goddamned demon for the Rays compared to his Pirate production.

The point still stands...Glasnow and Meadows weren’t really a huge haul for Archer at the time. They look like it now that they’ve produced better as Rays.

Just now, totdprods said:

But he was pitching like a goddamned demon for the Rays compared to his Pirate production.

The point still stands...Glasnow and Meadows weren’t really a huge haul for Archer at the time. They look like it now that they’ve produced better as Rays.

You're flat out wrong here.  Everyone knew the moment this trade happened that the Pirates overpaid.  They also got Baz who is a top 100 prospect.

6 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

You're flat out wrong here.  Everyone knew the moment this trade happened that the Pirates overpaid.  They also got Baz who is a top 100 prospect.

Totally forgot about Baz being the last piece, yes, that totally tips the scale.

For some reason I thought Glasnow and Meadows were the only two, or by and far the top two, and Glasnow was starting to falter and become Meyer or AJ Cole 2.0, and Meadows was expendable with all the Pirates OF. 

46 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

I will lose all confidence in Billy to build a good rotation if he acquires Chris Archer

he would not be my first, second, or third choice to chase after, but he's going to be better than most of who we're tossing out there currently. if the price is right, you have to listen.