• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Leake

wopphil

10 minutes ago, Lou said:

tot, I highly doubt the M's want to eat $12M next year on Cozart. That would put them at $32M of dead money in 2020. 

There are contending teams out there that would do a deal without insisting on them taking back $12M of absolute garbage.

Are there? No one seems to really be interested in Leake, and Leake doesn't seem to be all that interested in the Mariners either. They've had enough clubhouse drama. 

Ward and Jones might be the absolute best offer they could hope for in return for him. The question is, are they worth $12m?

I think they're already eating like $18m between this year and next on Bruce, $20m on Cano over five years, $4m on Encarnacion's deal this year...
They're trying to do that Braves/Dodgers thing where they pay bad money to buy prospects.

Edited by totdprods

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

How do you know teams aren't interested in Leake?

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/07/report-minimal-interest-in-mike-leake.html

Obviously it's an internet article but that's where we base almost all of speculative ideas from here...Divish at the very least wouldn't be reporting the tension/friction if there wasn't some element of truth there.

Edited by totdprods

Remember, there are many other teams scouting, assessing, making judgments about their needs and whether to make short or long term moves.

For any deal, the Angels will likely have competitors angling for the same player. Much better to be a seller at the deadline if you have reasonable assets and a plan beyond this season.

Pitching was addressed just before this season  in a desperate manner with the high risk gamble on the three damaged free agents. Obviously it was just a one year attempt to bridge through, hoping something good materialized.

It went about as terrible as humanly possible. 

At this point Eppler has to weigh short term versus long term. What will the standings look like July 31? 

If he feels like going all in for a Stroman, Lynn, Leake or equivalent then the contract factor means all kinds of future shuffling at multiple positions. But with the farm system on the rise he has some assets to play with. Both as trade bait or internal promotion.

My gut feeling is that he will stay disciplined, nibble around for bargains and not make any major moves. So far his signature has been evolution from within, not blockbuster moves. 

Other teams will be more desperate so it's unlikely he will have a winning hand for most of the big names. 

5 minutes ago, totdprods said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/07/report-minimal-interest-in-mike-leake.html

Obviously it's an internet article but that's where we base almost all of speculative ideas from here...Divish at the very least wouldn't be reporting the tension/friction if there wasn't some element of truth there.

I know there's friction, but that had nothing to do with teams being interested in him. Hell, it may mean more teams take a look. 

Which specific players are we interested in? My point is, that many teams don't leak info to the press. 

Pun intended 

12 minutes ago, Lou said:

I know there's friction, but that had nothing to do with teams being interested in him. Hell, it may mean more teams take a look. 

Which specific players are we interested in? My point is, that many teams don't leak info to the press. 

Pun intended 

Well, even aside from the friction, Divish was reporting there wasn't much interest - and he has a pretty good bead on the Mariners. 

Teams don't leak info (hahaha) to the press, but you know who was pretty chatty with them? Dipoto.

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

That article was also after you guys blew him up in an inning and before his near perfect game and his good outing vs Texas the other day.