• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angel Hernandez and Hawk

The laugh of that is no one actually saw what happened. The umpire didn't see it. The 1st base coach didn't see it. The manager didn't see it, he was arguing the runner beat the throw. The players walked aways smirking like they just got away with the hidden ball trick. That was a tree falling in the forest and the only one that heard it was the beaver that cut it down.

That may be the worst I've ever seen. How did nobody, including the other four umpires, correct that call?

None of them saw it. Plain and simple no one saw it until the announcers ran a replay. So how do over rule a play no one  saw happen?

None of them saw it. Plain and simple no one saw it until the announcers ran a replay. So how do over rule a play no one  saw happen?

That's my point. How in the world did 4 umpires on the field not see the pitcher, who was obviously not on the bag, catch the ball and then throw it around the horn?

That's my point. How in the world did 4 umpires on the field not see the pitcher, who was obviously not on the bag, catch the ball and then throw it around the horn?

Sometimes it just happens in a split second, like a magic trick, everyone in the audience is sure the red ball is under the cup but it isn't there. Then the show goes on.

Isn't umpiring 101 waiting to check the glove of 1B to make sure the ball didn't drop. If he had done that, he would have realized there was no ball in the glove.

The ball didn't drop out of the glove so what reason would the umpire have to check? It didn't sail into the stands, wasn't rolling on the ground, the play ended and neither the runner or 1st base coach protested. Play over, no reason to question what no one saw without replaying in slo motion.

it was horrific.  i watched it. killed a big rally, too, and could have given momentum to seattle....never know, it could've gained the halos a full game on tx.

My brother is a huge M's fan up in Seattle. He said that after the Indians series, this was the play that made him turn off the TV and give up on baseball. Sad thing is he'll be watching again tonight.