• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

F Baseball

i feel ya man, this is just a gut punch i dont know how else to describe it. 
For the most part we dont know these men but we feel like we sorta do... we cheer for them, they become part of "our" team... and this just... whatever we are feeling doesnt compare to his family and friends... they have my thoughts tonight

I remember watching Nick Adenhart pitch his last game.  The next morning, I hear the tragic news and I’m simply stunned.  Empty.

As I sit at work, I’m scrolling thru Mobile ESPN and this news pops up.  I feel exactly the same way as I heard about Adenhart.  It’s a gut punch to all of us and I’m sure we’re not alone.  All of baseball is feeling this

I feel the opposite about baseball in times like these. I use the game to get away from reality and find a happy place. It can be a real unifying force, hence the reason we're all here.

While I know Tyler's teammates and family are hurting right now I'm hopeful that baseball can help in the healing process.

Completely agree. Sports is just that sports. We talk crap about players who “stink” or did some thing poorly or wins and losses and then there’s a game the next day and yesterday doesn’t matter anymore. Even if you win the ultimate goal the championship of the sport. The next day or next week is about what are we going to do next year. This is a huge reminder we are all human and we are all in this together. Just an awful loss for his family and for his teammates. This is just an awful feeling. To damn young for this kind of stuff. 

4 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I feel the opposite about baseball in times like these. I use the game to get away from reality and find a happy place. It can be a real unifying force, hence the reason we're all here.

While I know Tyler's teammates and family are hurting right now I'm hopeful that baseball can help in the healing process.

This is a good point, as difficult as it must be to muster up the strength to play for a while after a tragedy happens to one of your own.   I'm amazed how they were able to play through Nick's passing ten years ago and play so well ultimately that season.  

It makes me want to ask the man upstairs, why so much sorrow on ONE franchise over the past 54 years (back to pitcher Dick Wantz' passing in 1965)????

9 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

This is a welcome point. Everyone grieves differently, and while I know the players themselves are hurting right now, I'm sure they want to get back on the field and do their thing. It's probably what Tyler would have wanted.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

It's just a dumb game. We sit here and moan every time the opposing team hits a homerun, or call players names when they aren't doing well, but the sudden passing of Tyler Skaggs brings everything back to reality: This is a game. For entertainment. It is ultimately meaningless in the overall scheme of things. These are human beings just like you and I. They feel pain. They get sick. They die. This is a gut punching reminder of that fact.

I hate baseball right now. I don't even want to think about wins or losses or stats. I don't give a shit about Tyler Skaggs the MLB pitcher. I only care about Tyler Skaggs the person. I can't imagine what his friends and family are feeling right now. But my thoughts are with them.

Again, F*ck baseball.

Spot on. Sports(baseball) and the love of the Angels brought us together here many times to share our stories and opinions of joy and disappointment and today it brought us together to grieve the loss of a fellow human being. Sports may be a significant factor in our lives but today was a reminder that it’s not the most important factor and sometimes we overlook that. For me personally I think I will try to watch the remainder of the season, but whenever it’s suppose to be Skagg’s spot coming up(every fifth day) I will tune out. Thank you for your thoughts and God bless the Skaggs family