• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Your most unpopular Angels take?

mmc

9 hours ago, Lou said:

They're tasty if you love the taste of buns and thousand island dressing and hate the taste of meat. 

Maybe, but they're still good. I'm not a burger snob though.

You can't taste the meat in most Mexican food either, but I still like it.

16 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I think he means 

which take do you actually believe but it's unpopular.  

I have to go with Albert’s actual age.   How does one lose it so quickly, after dominating from 2001-2011, unless they are actually two years older?

I get that the exaggerated crouch for every career at bat, while weighing 240 back then, does take something out of the feet and knees.  But to have the decline be so sudden after historic numbers for 11 years?

8 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

How does one lose it so quickly, after dominating from 2001-2011, unless they are actually two years older?

By not using steroids.

His decline started two seasons before coming to the Angels and was accelerated by having lower body surgery nearly every year for the first 6 years of the contract, then two surgeries this off season. 

This year he is having a dead cat bounce and has an OPS+ over 100, the first time in 2 seasons. But if you look at his decline, his injury history and age, it's not anything you really wouldn't expect. 

17 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I have to go with Albert’s actual age.   How does one lose it so quickly, after dominating from 2001-2011, unless they are actually two years older?

I get that the exaggerated crouch for every career at bat, while weighing 240 back then, does take something out of the feet and knees.  But to have the decline be so sudden after historic numbers for 11 years?

Hahaha ... what is Albert's real age?  Didn't it come out that Ramon Ortiz was actually four years older than he really was or something like that?  Of course that is not nearly as bad as the little league world series when 6'2 170 lb "12 year olds" from China are blowing 90mph fastballs across the plate making our poor little potbelly American kids cry on nationally televised games. 

17 hours ago, Dochalo said:

how so?  

He is undoubtedly one of the worst when it comes to free agency (despite people praising him simply because his contracts are “not as bad as the ones Dipoto signed”), and I feel like he has wasted (and is going to continue to waste) several years of Trout’s prime which was our best opportunity to win by refusing to acquire proven MLB pitching.  I also hate how he makes an excuse for everything and why we lose every year (unlike the other Anaheim team whose GM and owner comes out and says that our one bad season after 6 straight playoffs is “unacceptable” and “things will change”).  I feel like people are so used to losing and still aren’t over the Pujols contract that they aren’t as critical as they should be, as he’s made very few praiseworthy moves, and the team has been the worst under him in quite a long time.

14 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

He is undoubtedly one of the worst when it comes to free agency (despite people praising him simply because his contracts are “not as bad as the ones Dipoto signed”), and I feel like he has wasted (and is going to continue to waste) several years of Trout’s prime which was our best opportunity to win by refusing to acquire proven MLB pitching.  I also hate how he makes an excuse for everything and why we lose every year (unlike the other Anaheim team whose GM and owner comes out and says that our one bad season after 6 straight playoffs is “unacceptable” and “things will change”).  I feel like people are so used to losing and still aren’t over the Pujols contract that they aren’t as critical as they should be, as he’s made very few praiseworthy moves, and the team has been the worst under him in quite a long time.

Ok, this is my least favorite Anaheim take.  

The negative takes on Eppler are grossly premature.  He absolutely has had a plan to build up the farm to build a winning team at the ML level.
If he cant produce results in the next couple of year, then blast him, till then you looking at a half finished project. 

My unpopular take is that they have basically punted this season to prepare for '20.