• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Rangers @ Angels 5/24/2019

1 hour ago, Lou said:

lol

This would be a great post if you weren't factually incorrect. Other than that, keep up the good work. 

Dunce 

Sorry super fan, but Trout isn't exactly putting up his best numbers, his war and OBP have a lot to do with walks and getting HBP early in the season, I'm not here to troll, just giving my observation.....Sorry, I'm just frustrated with the Eppler era, as many of us are.... I tend to overreact a bit.

27 minutes ago, Cooper12 said:

Sorry super fan, but Trout isn't exactly putting up his best numbers, his war and OBP have a lot to do with walks and getting HBP early in the season, I'm not here to troll, just giving my observation.....Sorry, I'm just frustrated with the Eppler era, as many of us are.... I tend to overreact a bit.

why would any team throw Trout anything to hit?  I am surprised he ever sees a strike.  One of the things that makes him amazing is that he won't chase.  

2 hours ago, Cooper12 said:

But I never said he was having his best season ever. You, however, said he was having his worst season ever, super failo fan. 

8 hours ago, Dochalo said:

we're walking this one off tonight btw.  

I did a walk away in the 7th when Trout commited the third fielding error of the inning. Shut off the game and got some sleep. I have no desire to watch little league baseball.

9 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:
13 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Canning, five shutout innings, 85 pitches.

Then he gets lifted and the roof caves in.

Yep, pretty much.

Well actually it was 95 pitches for Canning.

8 hours ago, Dochalo said:

so you don't think he's as good as he gets credit for?

The numbers are the numbers. If the numbers say Trout is a 10 WAR player then that's what he is. Even with all that ability, opponents somehow manage to minimize his impact.

It's opponents' job to minimize Trout's impact, and the Angels' job to maximize it. Opponents are doing better.

He had a chance to tie the game or walk-off last night but struck out instead. Not exactly deserving of the God-like status he receives from the media and fans.

Am I glad we have Trout on the team? Sure, of course. He's one of the few bright spots on an otherwise dismal team.

So the most interesting thing about the Angels will continue to be their inexplicable futility despite the generational talent they possess.

12 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

Bedrosian is one of the or the most obsessed over by management of any Angel ever. I pleaded for him to be traded after he posted those great numbers before the All-Star break years back yet this ORG just can't not have him pitch. I don't get and will never get the fascination with him. This is not a knock on Eppler either. He has survived through 3 GM's. It has to come from the top that he stays no matter what. Perplexing for sure.

His dad has a suite at the stadium. 

Last night was symbolic of the entire season, and the current status of the team. Just not good enough. The effort is there, but the execution and talent are below winning standards.

Canning did a good job, despite some awkward moments. He came out with the team ahead and allowed just one run. The bullpen wasn't terrible, but with poor defense, couldn't get the key outs when needed. 

Pitching and defense win or lose close games. The Angels weren't tight enough to manage a two run lead halfway through The game. 

When you think about it, Lucroy, Fletcher, LaStella and Goodwin have been positive surprises. But what about the big money, big name players? 

Besides poor starting pitching, that's where the major disappointment has come. Ohtani is still a work in progress, but Pujols, Calhoun, Cozart, Bour eat up a ton of money and give very little value back. 

It may seem outrageous, but even Trout is somewhat underperforming compared to past standards and current expectations. Not necessarily his fault, because he is supposed to be a one man savior, and every opposing team strategies intensely against him. I think the pressure of having to be near perfect literally every at bat is slowly affecting him. Especially in clutch situations. 

Honestly, current baseball has become so dull, robotic and boring. So static and mechanical. Where is a focus on creating runs and using strategy to generate scoring opportunities? 

The homers or strikeout approach has become a disease. And generates no actual movement within the game. As passive as watching chess. Might as well just have home run derbies instead.  And the obsession with the shifts on defense seem to have blocked all creativity. 

Why are players so reluctant to hit the other way at least sometimes? Or drop down a bunt? What ever happened to the hit and run? Double steals? Putting pressure on the inner defense? Forcing outfielders to make difficult throws? 

The great Duke Snider always said in his broadcasting days that the 'inner diamond' is where so many games are won or lost. Hardly a priority anymore.