• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ty Buttrey Appreciation Thread

5 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Biggest worry i have is that he's getting overworked. He's at 24 inning thru our 47 games, at this pace he's looking at 80 inning in a full season.

The whole bullpen is being overworked....

• 4 weeks later...

IMO, the problem with what Ausmus did last night was that he had to use Buttrey and Anderson there. 

Yes. Buttrey was fresh last night. But now he’s not tonight. And if they need him tonight too, now they don’t have him Weds. And he’s pitched a ton so you really shouldn’t be wasting his bullets in June. 

Also, there were 2 outs. Ramírez had allowed a runner to reach on an error and an infield hit. There was no reason to think he couldn’t get 4 more outs, starting with the No 7 hitter, without allowing 5 runs. 

The tying run wasn’t even in the on deck circle yet. 

I didn’t understand this at all. 

In the past my criticism is Ausmus will stand there, in the dugout, and watch the game spin out of control. My nickname for him is Nero. 

Ramirez was hit by two bad luck plays, an error and a weak infield hit. I guess the question was, would that affect his approach to the next batter? Toronto is a launching pad so the guy on the mound needs laser focus or the game unravels quickly. I'd rather Ausmus won the game he is playing today than try and save an arm for tomorrow's game. 

Texas, Boston, New York, Toronto, these are AL fields that can see big innings. Like the Angels racking 7 early in the game yesterday. So killing any momentum can be important to chalking up a W on what looks like a lock. 

Hey, when in Rome, don't fiddle around. 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Does he even have a useful secondary pitch?

Maybe that's why he came cheaply  to the Halos?

Yes. Don't let his struggles recently sway your opinion of him. He still has fantastic peripherals (4.75 K/BB, 10.50 K/9). Unfortunately he has been a bit prone to the "big inning" this year, which has bloated his ERA a bit. He has 37 scoreless appearances overall.

Hopefully he shakes it off and goes back to dominating.