• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Goodwin

I was wondering what we'll do with him when Upton returns as well last night. The guy is earning his keep for sure. Whether that's sustainable that's obviously to be seen. He's bound to drop off a bit but even so he'll still be a very solid option to take Kole's spot in RF. I'd be very pleased if Kole continues to at least hit for some power and hopefully we can deal him at the deadline for a bullpen arm and give Goodwin the starting job the rest of 2019 and compete for the spot in 2020 with Adell and Hermosillo. Fortunately, we still have a month+ till we have to worry about it and by then we should have a much clearer report on Goodwin and what he's capable of. 

5 hours ago, totdprods said:

Yet the difference in the slash is tremendous:
KCR 2017: .266/.317/.415/.732
LAA 2018: .321/.414/.548/.962

Goodwin's BAbip:
KCR 2017: .367
LAA 2018: .397

It’s important to note that in smallish samples the first thing to stabilize are strike out and walk ratios. While BABIP is the last to stabilize we can be comfortable grouping these two sample together because they are so similar. In fact the difference essentially comes down to  an extra triple. It’s clear that Goodwin has a better approach at the plate because he’s converted strikeouts into walks and extra base hits. This is in no way a BABIP influenced rise.

5 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It’s important to note that in smallish samples the first thing to stabilize are strike out and walk ratios. While BABIP is the last to stabilize we can be comfortable grouping these two sample together because they are so similar. In fact the difference essentially comes down to  an extra triple. It’s clear that Goodwin has a better approach at the plate because he’s converted strikeouts into walks and extra base hits. This is in no way a BABIP influenced rise.

Agreed.  The most encouraging part of his start has been a significant improvement in BB% and K%.  I certainly don't think he's a 1000 OPS hitter moving forward, but I think we can expect a 800 OPS hitter at least, if not a bit more.  

Once Upton comes back, we'll have an interesting decision to make.  I do see Goodwin potentially being our starting RF next year (Calhoun's option is likely declined) until Adell is deemed ready, then he can transition into being a very good 4th OFer, which is something we have not had for a long time.

On 5/1/2019 at 8:26 AM, Chuckster70 said:

No thank you, @jordan & @UndertheHalo

What's funny is we were social media for the Angels well before social media existed. I explored a bit on Twitter and Facebook to see what all the hub bub was about 7 or so years ago and did both, in addition to posting here. It was exhausting, unmoderated and a stage for keyboard warriors and trolls to have a field day.

That said, I rarely post on Facebook about the Angels anymore unless it's big news and have unfollowed all of those Halo Nation type groups  -- I mostly stay on there to keep in touch with old friends and family --  and I typically only use Twitter now to promote our website and content ....and of course, the occasional Ausmus or Bour rant. lol

You just have to filter through so much garbage, others personal drama and shit you don't want to read about on Twitter/Facebook, where at least on here you can come on and get just what you're looking for .... Angels baseball and more... should you want to discuss other topics as well. 

I'm super confused how I spent 3-4 years thinking HH was the best Angels blog.

In my defense: