• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

3d Printing

nate

Wondering if anyone here does any 3d printing.  I have a Prusa i3 Mk3 that I have modded out with the Bear frame and Skelestruder among other things.  It is a fun and somewhat challenging hobby.  Good for me when I can't do any rocketry and yard work during the winter.  I have printed a lot of trinkets and crap like that for my daughter, but also designed some really useful tools.

l8yfPyb.jpg

1qNpZ0l.jpg

3Q5AFyO.jpg

mNKS4OT.jpg

pP9z9OM.jpg

Qs8yBhG.jpg

A guy I used to work with, Larry Bordonaro, was gifted from his neighbor a bunch of molds for radio knobs for home units built in the 20's and later. He first did them as a hobby out of his garage and was surprised by the demand. He eventually did it full time and was the go to guy in that niche industry. He passed away from Cancer about 3 years ago. 

If you want to make money at it start replicating hard to find classic car parts. It may be slow to start but once you get a following your day job may just be printing plastic parts. 

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

I like your Darth Buddha.  

How does it work?  Can you scan items to make copies of them?  

That technology does exist but it is not great in the consumer space.  High res 3d scanning is still a very expensive enterprise deal.

There are gigantic repositories (thingiverse.com, myminifactory.com) of 3d models that people have designed or you can create your own using a CAD modeling program like Autodesk Fusion 360.  Designing your own models with Fusion 360 and having them be functional is incredibly satisfying.  Even simple things like blinds holders or a replacement handle for my water softener.

17 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Can you 3D print an In-N-Out?

with the plethora of INOs available around here, that's completely unnecessary.

unless, of course, you live in some hick 17th century dairy state . . .

hi buddy . . .