• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels definitely won the Simmons/Newcomb trade

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Miguel Cabrera trade stalled when Wood, Howie, Mathis and Ervin Santana wasn’t enough and they also wanted Adenhart.  That’s how I remember it.   

Anyone else remember this being the case?   There was also an agreed upon package then they asked for more.

I don’t recall the whole package that they were talking about back then.  I remember Wood and Kendrick specifically.  But even if you threw in Santana and Mathis.  For Miguel Cabrera ? A hall of fame hitter in his prime.  Absolutely yes.  If there was bad faith negotiating then sure that’s a problem.  But I’m not sure there’s any way that we can really know whether that was the case or not. 

Anyway, hind sight is 20/20 of course.  But with Stoneman it wasn’t just that trade.  He didn’t do anything when they were close.  Over several seasons.  It didn’t work.  IMO it’s ok to regard that aspect of his tenure as a failure. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

On 4/14/2019 at 12:54 PM, Angelsjunky said:

Trades aren't necessarily "won" or "lost" because sometimes both teams "win" (or lose).

As for whether or not Simmons is and will be worth more, that remains to be seen. Right now, yes, Simmons has been significantly more valuable. But let's check back in five years. But it is hard to see this ever looking bad for the Angels, unless Newcomb becomes a CY winner.

Not sure why Newcomb was sent down - he had one bad start.

This is either a clear win for the Angels or potentially for both. The Angels got a young SS who bats 275-300 and is dead solid defensively. This solidifies this position for 10 years. I think he is the best SS the Angels have ever had. 

8 minutes ago, True Grich said:

The Angels won the trade!

Woo-Hoo!

Nicely done!

Wow!

Wait.. what exactly did they win?  A trophy? Cash prize?  Trip to the WS? What?

They won more arguments on AW about whether they actually won.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Simba is slumping worse than he ever has as a Halos player.   At least he had a hit yesterday, hope that gets him started. 

His approach at the plate has been really REALLY bad. Swinging at shit above his eyes and stuff out of the zone low and away.