• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Mariners seem pretty good

On 4/9/2019 at 10:57 AM, GrittyVeterans said:

Santana was someone I was hoping the Angels would target. Guy rakes. He had a tough year last year because he wasn't going to get consistent playing time after the Brewers brought in Yelich and Cain

On 4/9/2019 at 11:10 AM, SoWhat said:

I’m pretty pissed seeing Domingo Santana kill it for Seattle. All offseason I was hoping Eppler would buy low on him in a trade. I still can’t believe Seattle got him for Ben F’n Gamel ??

Domingo Santana is now leading the majors in strikeouts. Also has a lower WAR than Calhoun.

Edited by Taylor

9 hours ago, robblin17 said:

I’m sure Dumbpoto will crush those draft picks. 

Can someone help me out with the Taylor Ward draft GIF? 

Pretty sure the GM has very little to do with the actual scouting and choosing of draft picks, but I understand you have to keep the circle jerk going.

And Domingo's WAR would be higher if they moved his defensively challenged ass out of left field sooner ... But Mitch Haniger's testicles had to die for that.

35 minutes ago, Ender said:

Pretty sure the GM has very little to do with the actual scouting and choosing of draft picks, but I understand you have to keep the circle jerk going.

And Domingo's WAR would be higher if they moved his defensively challenged ass out of left field sooner ... But Mitch Haniger's testicles had to die for that.

The GM chooses the scouting director, hires the scouts and determines the philosophy for player selection. Things got a lot better here when Jerry was no longer the guy doing that.

9 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

The GM chooses the scouting director, hires the scouts and determines the philosophy for player selection. Things got a lot better here when Jerry was no longer the guy doing that.

Tom Allison has been the head of scouting for the Mariners since 2013 ... Pre Jerry.

Regardless, I really don't care. It's up to the players to show up and play.

45 minutes ago, Ender said:

the entire draft philosophy and structure of your big board is determined by the GM.  

why wouldn't we want one of our division rivals to fail and fail miserably?  

2 hours ago, Ender said:

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Ill add here.

When Dipoto got to seattle, he sacked most of their longterm scouting and development guys, just like he did here.

He also, contrary to what youre thinking ender, does go scout. Like all GMs. GMs routinely head out to see for themselves what the reports are saying, if there is someone they are interested in