• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019-2020 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

WTF?

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2019/06/anaheim-ducks-expected-to-re-sign-three-players.html

Elliott Teaford of the Orange County Register reports that the team is expected to announce new deals for Ryan Miller, Derek Grant and Korbinian Holzer today. Miller’s deal is expected to be a one-year, $1MM contract to keep him in net behind John Gibson.

I get Miller.   Maybe Grant as depth/AHL.  Holzer?  That has to be strictly AHL right?

On 4/9/2019 at 7:18 PM, gotbeer said:

Trevor Zegras is what Tankathon has us taking in a mock draft.  He's the 5th ranked center.  

Interesting write up on Zegras.  

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nhl/news/nhl-draft-big-board-latest-rankings-top-31-prospects-2019-class/1v5mihkwhsvvf1q4d1tyovhz98

As dynamic a player as Hughes may be, one cannot overlook the fact that he has had the benefit of playing alongside two potential top-five picks in Trevor Zegrasand Alex Turcotte. Both are natural centers who are sturdy on their skates and can do remarkable things with the puck, and Zegras has spent most of the season on Hughes’ left flank.

Turcotte is a bit more responsible defensively, but Zegras has jaw-dropping vision and playmaking ability similar to Barzal, or even Hughes himself. While Hughes was out with an ankle injury in February, Zegras led the Five Nations Tournament in scoring as Team USA’s top center. The debate between whether Turcotte or Zegras is the better prospect has been going on for quite some time and may continue right up to draft day. For now, we’ll give the Boston University-bound Zegras the slightest of edges because of his Hughes-esque dynamism.

This was from earlier in the thread.  So yeah.  Happy to get him.

Read that Murray didn't think Zegras would be available at #9. Heard he was grinning like in 2010.

This is the best forward they have drafted since Bobby Ryan imo.

Ducks needed a top line center for the future & they got that in this draft. Best case scenario happened.

Zegras, Steel, Lundestrom, Groulx, Morand. The prospect depth at C is great.

11 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s too bad.  I like Dotchkin and think that in the right system/situation he’s a nice player. 

It’s weird how all of the sudden the Ducks feel loaded at forward but perilously thin at D.  At least prospects wise.  Too bad they couldn’t land Trouba.  

Jets wanted him out of the western conference, that said the Ducks could have given more than the bag of peanuts the Rangers gave them that they would consider it even if it keeps him in the west.

Get ready for July 1st when Murray will sign some old slow veteran Dman all while being asleep at the wheel when it comes to signing any good players.

Conspiracy theory time.  

A)  Ducks are going to trade for Nylander after July 1st.  Because well, we need a second liner, and the Leafs need to keep Marner.

B ) Offer sheet time.  As I said earlier, I thought Johnson and Kapanen would get $2.6 million each.  Instead they got $3.4 and $3.2 million.  So now the Leafs have $6.9 million in cap space left.  Again, Nylander is the prime trade candidate.  But say someone offer sheets Marner.  There was this little blurb that is more of an insult than anything.

Could the Leafs offer Marner a two-year bridge deal?

@Prospects_Watch: Elliotte Friedman on the Maple Leafs and Mitch Marner: “I think the Leafs are going to offer him 2×8, I think they’re going to say, we all believe the cap is going up in 2 years, why don’t you sign then when we have more room and the maximum is higher?”

So take 2x8.  So why not offer Marner 5x$10.5 million?  Is Marner worth 2 firsts, one second, and one third?  

Personally, I think someone is going to go that route and offer sheet Marner that amount.  Leafs will match.  Then we'll get Nylander on the cheap.  

Ducks first-round pick Trevor Zegras sets lofty goal

Zegras says he’d like to spend two semesters at BU, play one season for Terriers coach Albie O’Connell and then sign with the Ducks and challenge for a roster spot near the end of the 2019-20 season. One collegiate season might not be enough to prepare him for the rigors of the NHL.

But that’s Zegras’ plan, anyway.