• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trout press conference question

53 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

To me what he says is secondary (I don’t expect much other than the cliche answers we’ve heard/read already). It’s just the event and formality of it, addressing the press and the fans in a public setting that is the draw for me 

Yeah, that's my thought. However, one concern I have is that it's a couple hours before first pitch for the game against the Dodgers, and we might have some Doyyer fans in there to try and muck it up.

I have a lot of Dodger fan friends and they all gush about Trout.

I've never been to a press conference before. Do they provide any free food or goodies? Is there a limit on the amount of people they let attend? Do you have camp out over night to get a spot where you can hear him talking or is it mostly like Jesus speech in Life of Brian?

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

So if Mike Trout was quoted in other articles about his new contract between now and Sunday, would that change how you view the big public “press conference”?

Would you be less interested in watching? Or going to be there?

give us all you got.  I'll read whatever you write between now and then yet still watch the press conference.  Then I'll probably read your article recap of the conference.  

this is the most important happening for Angels baseball outside of making the playoffs and since that hasn't happened for awhile, fans are looking for something good.  You can't give us enough in my opinion.  

Also, I think Mike does better in a small group setting where if you can get in front of him with fewer people around he will be more relaxed and candid whereas at the big press conference I think he'll be pretty generic.  

16 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I have a lot of Dodger fan friends and they all gush about Trout.

I've never been to a press conference before. Do they provide any free food or goodies? Is there a limit on the amount of people they let attend? Do you have camp out over night to get a spot where you can hear him talking or is it mostly like Jesus speech in Life of Brian?

I was at the Ohtani presser in 2017. They don't provide any food or snacks. We got there like 10 minutes before it started and still had a decent view of the platform/stage, although from the side. We'll probably get there a little earlier this time to get an even better view.

I went to the Pujols and CJ press conference and had a good time. I distinctly remember the "Arte! Arte!" chants. I would love to go to Mike's press conference but I don't live locally anymore. I will watch this one regardless of what is written beforehand. This is one of those moments in team history that I don't want to miss. 

Jeff - I don't think any of us can get enough Mike Trout news or quotes or anything else.  Any opportunity to learn more about him, the better.  It's all good.  The press conference is more about celebrating the moment more than anything else for most fans.

9 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I hope they don't sedate him like they did to these guys.

600x395

Can never get enough of that picture. Those 4 blokes would fit in nicely with our pitching staff this year, especially the two on the right. 

We pretty much paid Madson $3.25 million for that picture. First and only time he put on the jersey. 

Edited by NJHalo

It really depends who writes it @Jeff Fletcher

I will read anything that you write about Mike Trout because you provide great coverage and insights as the beat reporter. You get stories and things that fully contextualize any quotes that you get, so, if anything, it would make me want to be there more.

As for national reporters, most of them write very generic articles that regurgitate the same statements and things, and don't provide the insights that you provide. So, I'd probably skip those. There are a few national reporters that I'd read

And, writers like me, who provide different takes, such as a fan perspective, I would read. And that would make me want to go more because that is a voice with which I can connect. 

So, if you are thinking of writing an article with quotes, I'd say go for it. Your take around here inspires people and encourages fans, so, I'd encourage it.

5 minutes ago, NJHalo said:

Can never get enough of that picture. Those 4 blokes would fit in nicely with our pitching staff this year, especially the two on the right. 

We pretty much paid Madson $3.25 million for that picture. First and only time he put on the jersey. 

And of course, Sean Barnett. He had a fantastic bullpen session and then vanished.