Sign in to follow this  
Thomas

2019 Entry Draft Thread

12 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Detroit with the reach. But it's hard to doubt Yzerman. 

Would have thought Detroit would have taken the Russian.  Man, someone is going to get a really good player late.

7 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Surprisingly "boring" competent draft by the Kings in the first round.

They couldn’t really pass Turcotte at 5 but I bet they were set to take Zegras before Turcotte got past 3 and 4. Those 2 might have a lot of years being compared to each other 

1 minute ago, arch stanton said:

They couldn’t really pass Turcotte at 5 but I bet they were set to take Zegras before Turcotte got past 3 and 4. Those 2 might have a lot of years being compared to each other 

You think Zegras before Dach?

5 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Dach was never getting past the Avs

I wonder if the Kings would have chosen anyone besides Dach/Byram/Turcotte?

5 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Kopi isn’t getting any younger.

Turcotte was a great pick at #5.

On the kings message board. They’re raving about the kid they picked in the 2nd round. High risk high reward. I guess he has a lights out shot. He’s plays on the wing. Arthur Keliyev 

Turcotte & Zegras was best possible outcome for the Kings & Ducks. Chicago & Edmonton layed an egg. Edmonton should have taken Zegras or Boldy or Podkolzin, Zegras could always play on RNH's wing as some think Zegras becomes a winger anyways.

Detroit drafted what might be a Hampus Lindholm situation where the guy expected to go at around #15 goes 6th overall instead & may end up being way better than expected. I see Seider becoming the 2nd best Dman of the draft.

9 hours ago, nando714 said:

On the kings message board. They’re raving about the kid they picked in the 2nd round. High risk high reward. I guess he has a lights out shot. He’s plays on the wing. Arthur Keliyev 

Offensively he reminds me of a young Corey Perry, great goal scoring instincts but mediocre skating. Perfect guy for Turcotte to feed the puck to.