• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2019 Entry Draft Thread

Thomas

• Thomas unlocked this topic

I'm worried about Jack Hughes.  Everything passes on him and he's still the consensus number one.  But it doesn't seem like he's the dominant player like some of the past #1 picks.  I just have this bad feeling that he'll be an good and even a very good player.  But not a franchise type player.  Also, he's American.  When is the last time there was a dominant American?

Kaapo Kakka.  Seems to be gaining steam.  But still the consensus #2.  Probably will be a good player.  But what worries me about him is that he doesn't do well against older.  In the TPS, which I'm assuming is like the European AHL.  TPS under 20 last season, 55 points in 38 games.  But in the TPS this season, 35 points in 44 games.  

Vasili Podkolzin.  The consensus #3 pick.  Another one of those dominates at a lower age against the like, but not really doing well when put against older.  

So the top 3, I have some doubts about.  

Oddly, according to Tankathon, if the draft when as expected.  The Ducks would select a Dman.  Bowen Byrum.  Didn't do much in the WHL the last 2 years, then exploded this year for 70 points in 64 games.  He doesn't look that bad on paper.  

The #4 guy on Tankathon is Dylan Cozens.  He's actually done decently in the WHL the last 2 seasons.  53 points in 57 games and 83 points in 66 games this season.  But Cozens has been ranked from 4 to 8 depending on the ranking system.  

This one is tough.  I would be a little conflicted if say the Ducks got a top 3 pick.  I'd almost say, if they could trade down to 4 or 5, it might be a more comfortable situation, in addition to getting extra picks.  

#3 Turcotte - elite skating Center with very high skills & 2way play. He's like the next Brayden Point !

#4 Cozens - elite skating Center with an Elite shot & is 6'4 in height. Size/Speed/Shot all there in 1 package.

#5 Byram - fast skating (but not elite speed) Dman with great goal scoring ability with potential to be a 1D.

#6 Zegras great center prospect, good skater.

#7 Krebs another great center prospect, good skater too.

#8 Dach - Center with mediocre skating but has great vision & IQ. Sound familar ? Probably a liability in 3 on 3 OT where his mediocre speed is exposed.

#9 Boldy - LW

#10 Since the Ducks won't be drafting Podkolzin no matter what: Lavoie, Newhook, BroBerg is probably on their list at #10

Podkolzin has basicly stated he won't be coming to the USA anytime soon, will develop for a while in Russia. Pass. A guy who already says he doesn't want to be here = big risk.

My guess is Podkolzin falls to the Rangers who won't mind him developing in Russia while they tank next year.

Other 1st round talent: Kaliyev, Pelletier, Caufield, Soderstrom, Brink, Seider, Suzuki, Harley, Robertson, Heinola.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

What kind of competition is in the TPS?    Is 35 pts in 44 games as an 18 year-old (Kakko) considered really good?

I'd say it's the equivalent to the AHL.  That's what has me worried about Kakko.  He isn't dominating against older like say what Matthews did when he went to Europe to play in the Swiss National League.  

Again, maybe I'm reading too much into it.   

18 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

It hurts to get #9 in a wasted season. But Colorado and LA, in a draft considered to drop off noticeably after the first 3 picks, got a gut kick.

More of a nut kick.  

But the more I'm reading on Zegras, I'm hoping we get him.  

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

I hope ALL NY/NJ teams never, eeeever win a Stanley Cup again.   What a joke of a fix!   Bettman = Arnold Rothstein!

21 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Look, Chicago, Rangers, and Devils get the top 3.  Imagine that.  Fixed.

15 hours ago, arch stanton said:

It wouldn't look so bad if it wasn't the two f'in NY teams getting the top picks. This is 2 lotteries in 3 years in which the Avs had the highest odds and got shut out

WTH? The Rangers haven't picked lower than 7th position in the last 15 years, and that was via a trade. How is it that they get the #2 position for the first time since 1965 (when there were only 6 teams in the league) and you guys are moaning about a fix!! Stop your crying.