• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2019 Entry Draft Thread

Thomas

1 hour ago, deepdrive said:

I think the guy from the state that got the #1 overall pick twice in 3 years has left his tin foil hat in the closet.

I'm in California so I'll wear mine.

Might be from NJ, but hate the Devils. 

Rangers have gone 54 years without picking this high. If anyone should be complaining about fixes and conspiracies....?.

3 hours ago, deepdrive said:

I think the guy from the state that got the #1 overall pick twice in 3 years has left his tin foil hat in the closet.

I'm in California so I'll wear mine.

does yours continue to have a 2013 stanley cup playoff logo on it?

?

Watching that video.  Wow, Turcotte jumps to 4.  He was around 8/9.  I guess it makes sense, since now looking at the rankings, he's at 4th, 5th, 6th, with a few at 9th.

If Dach is still available at 9, I'm sure the Ducks will get him.  They've never drafted based on need.  They've always drafted best available.

On 4/10/2019 at 8:07 PM, NJHalo said:

Might be from NJ, but hate the Devils. 

Rangers have gone 54 years without picking this high. If anyone should be complaining about fixes and conspiracies....?.

More likely, 'If anyone should be complaining about a draft system that supports poor hockey operations management.'

The systems better now. But could be vastly improved to stop screwing well run organizations.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Watching that video.  Wow, Turcotte jumps to 4.  He was around 8/9.  I guess it makes sense, since now looking at the rankings, he's at 4th, 5th, 6th, with a few at 9th.

If Dach is still available at 9, I'm sure the Ducks will get him.  They've never drafted based on need.  They've always drafted best available.

We have two things going for us at 9. First, obviously our scouting has an exceptional track record. Second, Edmonton moved ahead of us in the draft order, not Vancouver.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Now that the Cup is decided we can turn full attention to draft. The first 2 are pretty much set in stone. Given Chicago's love for the US players I think Turcotte is a pretty strong choice there. If this happens I've created a scenario in my head where Edmonton covets Byram enough to final work out the long anticipated swap with the Avs. As principles they send Nugent-Hopkins and the #8 to Colorado for Barrie and the #4 and they work out some minor adjustments to make it work all the way around.

I think the Kings take Zegras, Detroit Podkolzin, then Buffalo, Colorado, the Ducks and Vancouver take some order of Cozens, Dach, Krebs, and Boldie

At 16 I see the Avs taking Newhook

• 2 weeks later...

Byram is far ahead of the other D. Assuming Chicago takes Turcotte then whoever wants Byram might look to jump ahead of the Kings. It would be surreal to me to see Sakic and Yzerman cut a deal to bypass Blake. Or maybe Sakic cuts a deal with Blake so the Kings can take  Byram without worrying about getting leapfrogged. I’m pretty sure the Avs are taking Dach in any case

I agree.  That #4 pick may be in play to get Byram.  I even hear the #3 pick may be in play.  The other rumor I'm hearing is that the Canucks want to move ahead of Edmonton.  

This is why the NHL and NFL and NBA drafts are so much more fun and watchable than the MLB draft.  So many deals that could be made.

Yeah it’s probably Dach or Turcotte if he’s available at 4 but I think they’ll look to move up or down from 16 depending on the board. If someone like Florida jumps at Knight and someone else reaches for Bachstrom or Seider then they’ll try to move up for one of the next tier forwards 

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Well, that's one way to screw the Kings even more.  Now Blake has to make the correct choice that isn't going to get criticized for the next 5 years.  

Blake with the safe choice Turcotte