• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Another phisher

This morning, I get a scam call from a number that matches the customer service number for my cell phone carrier, saying that my account has been blocked and to stay on the line and talk to a customer service rep to resolve it.

Heh heh heh, do they really think we are that stupid?   Something like that, that is legitimate, always gets sent via snail mail. 

7 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Years ago, I was on QuantumLink, the Commodore 64 international system run by the people at AOL. After QLink died, tried AOL for a while, and almost gave up on the internet entirely because the experience was so bad.

I still have AOL. My brother still has prodigy, and I think he’ll be their very last customer on the planet.

Apparently someone figured out that most people are apprehensive about anything concerning the IRS.

I got one of those calls with someone on the line. They said that if I didn't make arrangements to pay right away, the police were coming to my house to arrest me. I said "OK, where do I live?" The caller couldn't answer the question. I said "Nice try", and hung up.

• 2 weeks later...

This has to be legit. This jewel arrived on March 16.

CONGRATULATION TO YOU MY DEAR

Welcome to MoneyGram Head Office and This is to inform you that International Monetary Fund IMF is compensating all the scam victims sum of $7.500 000 00 USD

here in United states of American (seven million five hundred thousand) Only each, and your email address was found in the scam victim's list) This MoneyGram head office has been mandated by the International Monetary Fund IMF Director to transfer your compensation fund to you via Western Union Transfer Daily.

We the MoneyGram office here stated that you will be receiving your fund $7.5 000 000 00 USD
at the maximum of $1,500.00 daily until the whole of your fund $7.5 000 000 00 USD
is completely transfer to you.

You are to confirm your receiver information were we can transfer all your total fund here is the below.

Your Name..........
Your phone.........
Occupaction........
your Age ..........
Country ...........
Copy of your ID ...

Already We have sent out your first payment but you cant pick it until we receive your details and activate it on your name so you CAN contact Dr Jamse L Smith ( moneygramoffice065@gmail.com)

https://www.google.com/search?q=moneygram+tracking
Track it and be sure its okay
BELOW IS YOUR FIRST PAYMENT $1,500.OO USD

MTCN========== #26479224
Sender’s First Name:-------Jennifer
Sender’s Last Name:------Guyette
Sender’s Location:-------USA
Amount sent:------- $1,500

Urgent To call him to give you they guidlines how you can pick up your first payment $1,500 usd now and get back to us for your
second payment.

Call MoneyGram Director Mr.Jamse L Smith below:+1(346)706-2725) TEXT OR CALL HIM Thanks,

Mr.Jamse L Smith
The MoneyGram Director
+1(346)706-2725) TEXT OR CALL HIM Thanks,
Urgent Contact us now: ( moneygramoffice065@gmail.com)

If they are going to send me $7.5M at $1,500 per transaction, this is going to take a while. I'm not sure what my occupaction is, but I will figure it out. The money is completely transfer to me. This guy must be important, because his signature line says THE MoneyGram Director. Urgent to call him to give me they guidlines. It also says that the IMF is compensating all of the scam victims a total of $7.5M, but then says that I am getting $7.5M myself. I must be the only "scam victim".

Criminy, how does anyone ever fall for this nonsense?

9 minutes ago, Tank said:

I’ve received two calls today telling me the athletic brace I asked about has been approved for me.

now if I could only remember inquiring with anyone on the planet about this it could be a good thing.

my mom's old landline used to get about 30 of those a week, and that was after blocking each number.