• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How Much Would You Offer Simmons?

Angelsjunky

15 hours ago, TroutTrumbo said:

The Angels have to wait until after the 2020 season before they decide on An extension for Simmons. First they can see what Bogaerts gets after this season. They can also check the progress of Jackson after two full seasons in the minors. 

Rumor though is that Jackson may ultimately be better suited for 3B.

1 hour ago, Rollinghard said:

Your reasoning is overwhelming. 

if you read the posts in this thread, it's already been said: 

On January 20, 2019 at 7:33 AM, Jeff Fletcher said:

It would be very unusual to offer an extension to someone his age, especially not this early. 

I think the Angels would want to wait at least until sometime in 2020 to get more on how he’s aging and at that point Simmons may not want to do it. 

It also depends what other SS’s will be FA’s after 2020. I have no idea, but that certainly impacts what he could get on the open market. 

On January 20, 2019 at 8:33 AM, totdprods said:

As of right now, Correa, Lindor, Seager, and Story are all set to hit FA the year after Simmons reaches FA, so there could be a few teams that hold off and wait for that crop. 

19 hours ago, TroutTrumbo said:

The Angels have to wait until after the 2020 season before they decide on An extension for Simmons. First they can see what Bogaerts gets after this season. They can also check the progress of Jackson after two full seasons in the minors. 

there is absolutely no reason to extend him now. 

I like Simmons a lot -- I think he is a tremendous player and team leader type.

the real question here is : where are the Angels headed the next two seasons?

I think 2020 - unless something else happens -- is a sort of a re-building year especially with the rotation.

Are the Halos going to do what it takes to make a real run in 2021 or are the Halos just biding their time -- which means bye, bye Trout and he gets traded at deadline time this year,.

If the Halos are going that route -- then trade Simmons for prospects and build the farm with quality players under club control for five/ six years.

Simmons could step in and be a team leader/ spark plug type player on a contender.

SO -- are the Halos going to make the moves that will make TROUT even want to think about extending his contract?

Let's hope Philly wins the Harper sweepstakes -- that means they won't  have the salary space for TROUT -- and it also means they settled for less than the best,  Not a big Harper fan. I think he will be a big contract guy flop.