• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels top-5 longest home runs in 2018

Chuck

That Trout HR that outdistanced StatCast was likely the longest of the year. Not sure it was 520 feet, but it was longer than the HR derby ones from the all-star game at Angel Stadium, and those were measured at 470+ feet. 

I think chances are, that HR Trout hit was probably 480 feet, the longest HR of the year for the Angels, and not by a little.

13 hours ago, Second Base said:

That Trout HR that outdistanced StatCast was likely the longest of the year. Not sure it was 520 feet, but it was longer than the HR derby ones from the all-star game at Angel Stadium, and those were measured at 470+ feet. 

I think chances are, that HR Trout hit was probably 480 feet, the longest HR of the year for the Angels, and not by a little.

Just for fun, I checked out the distance on Google Maps, measuring where I think the ball landed. I was disappointed to see it was "only" 450'-460'. I know this isn't the most accurate method, but should be pretty close. I also measured down the LF line to the pole, and it came out exactly 333', as it is on the field. Still a bomb though. 

image.png.9df927d56d4e3e9e507f8cbf72b485d4.png

5 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

How many balls have ever been hit onto the concourse behind the left field seats?   Trout's appears to have missed by just a few rows.  

I don't think it has ever happened.  I don't rememeber it happening and I also think we would remember such a thing.  Especially you AO.  

8 hours ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

Just for fun, I checked out the distance on Google Maps, measuring where I think the ball landed. I was disappointed to see it was "only" 450'-460'. I know this isn't the most accurate method, but should be pretty close. I also measured down the LF line to the pole, and it came out exactly 333', as it is on the field. Still a bomb though. 

image.png.9df927d56d4e3e9e507f8cbf72b485d4.png

don't they count where the trajectory would have taken the ball as if it were to land on the ground and not where a structure stopped it?   That would have to add an additional 20 feet or so.  It actually had the lowest launch angle of any hr in the top 50 so it may actually deserve a little more distance.  

On 1/9/2019 at 11:10 AM, Angel Oracle said:

How many balls have ever been hit onto the concourse behind the left field seats?   Trout's appears to have missed by just a few rows.  

No one has ever done that. Dallas MacPherson almost did it to CF. Way  up on the back drop.